"The Evolutions of Lambdas in C++14, C++17 and C++20" by Jonathan Boccara

Lynn McGuire

Dec 14, 2021, 3:54:00 PM12/14/21
"The Evolutions of Lambdas in C++14, C++17 and C++20" by Jonathan Boccara

https://www.fluentcpp.com/2021/12/13/the-evolutions-of-lambdas-in-c14-c17-and-c20/

"Lambdas are one of the most popular features of Modern C++. Since their
introduction in C++11, they’ve become ubiquitous in C++ code."

"But since their appearance in C++11, they have evolved and gained
significant features. Some of those features help write more expressive
code, and since using lambdas is so common now, it is worth it to spend
time learning what we can do with them."

Lynn

Richard

Dec 16, 2021, 10:26:07 AM12/16/21

Lynn McGuire <lynnmc...@gmail.com> spake the secret code
<spb08n$uo0$1...@dont-email.me> thusly:

>"The Evolutions of Lambdas in C++14, C++17 and C++20" by Jonathan Boccara
>
>https://www.fluentcpp.com/2021/12/13/the-evolutions-of-lambdas-in-c14-c17-and-c20/

Interesting article. Lambdas are essentially syntactic sugar that
gives you a more concise way of expressing functors. I show how
lambdas expand into the equivalent manually written functor in this
video:

Illuminating Lambdas
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVqwkiqCj7w>
The Terminals Wiki <http://terminals-wiki.org>