[ Moderated Newsgroups ] C and C++

Real Troll

Aug 3, 2021, 6:37:35 PM8/3/21
On 03/08/2021 23:07, Jason Evans wrote:

> I know. That group is pretty much defunct. One of my goals this week is to
> try to get a hold of the most recent moderators and see what the status is.
>
> Jason

Can you please also look into these two moderated newsgroups:

comp.lang.c++.moderated
comp.lang.c.moderated

If necessary we should have two new moderators and I recommend two guys
who are quite experienced in C and C++. They are:

Keith Thompson <Keith.S.T...@gmail.com>
James Kuyper <james...@alumni.caltech.edu>

Both of then are very active in " comp.lang.c " and " comp.lang.c++ "
and they can be contacted on those newsgroups.

Of course, I don't have the their authority to put their name forward
but if an election is necessary then it should be conducted by C and C++
users only. Jason, you can be the returning officer for all this.

Kind regards,

PS: I have cross posted this to the two newsgroups of relevance here.

Real Troll

Aug 4, 2021, 1:10:30 PM8/4/21

Real Troll wrote:

> Can you please also look into these two moderated newsgroups:
>
> comp.lang.c++.moderated
> comp.lang.c.moderated
>
> If necessary we should have two new moderators and I recommend two guys
> who are quite experienced in C and C++. They are:
>
> Keith Thompson <Keith.S.T...@gmail.com>
> James Kuyper <james...@alumni.caltech.edu>
>
> Both of then are very active in " comp.lang.c " and " comp.lang.c++ "
> and they can be contacted on those newsgroups.
>
> Of course, I don't have the their authority to put their name forward
> but if an election is necessary then it should be conducted by C and C++
> users only. Jason, you can be the returning officer for all this.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> PS: I have cross posted this to the two newsgroups of relevance here.

Hi Real,

I can look into it. We can help change moderators but we need to do a
few things first.
First, the people who will moderate the newsgroups will need to want to
moderate them. Also, they will need to be able run the software needed
to actually moderate newsgroups. If you can get Keith and James to email
us at bo...@big-8.org saying that they are interested in moderating
these groups, then we can talk about everything that's required.

Just FYI, here are the list of moderators for these groups currently:

comp.lang.c.moderated
Peter Seebach comp.lang.c++.moderated
David Vandevoorde, Victor Bazarov, Dom Devitto, Francis Glassborow,
Howard Harkness,
James Kanze, Seungbeom Kim, Dietmar Kuehl, John Potter,
Alf Steinbach & Herb Sutter

Jason