More of my philosophy about the Supervolcano threat and about the Potentially Hazardous Asteroids..

Amine Moulay Ramdane

Jul 24, 2022, 3:53:04 PM7/24/22
Hello,

More of my philosophy about the Supervolcano threat and about the Potentially Hazardous Asteroids..

Nasa’s ambitious plan to save Earth from a supervolcano

"There are around 20 known supervolcanoes on Earth, with major eruptions occurring on average once every 100,000 years. One of the greatest threats an eruption may pose is thought to be starvation, with a prolonged volcanic winter potentially prohibiting civilisation from having enough food for the current population. And Supervolcano threat is substantially greater than the asteroid or comet threat."

Read more here:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20170817-nasas-ambitious-plan-to-save-earth-from-a-supervolcano

And i invite you to read the following interesting article:

A "catastrophic" supervolcano eruption could be much more likely than currently believed, according to a new study.

Existing knowledge about the likelihood of eruptions is based on the presence of liquid magma under a volcano, but new research warns "eruptions can occur even if no liquid magma is found".

Read more here:

https://news.sky.com/story/catastrophic-supervolcano-eruption-could-be-much-more-likely-than-previously-thought-scientists-warn-12398129

And more of my philosophy about the Potentially Hazardous Asteroids..

About the Potentially Hazardous Asteroids: The largest, most devastating impacts (like that which helped to kill the dinosaurs 65 million years ago) are the rarest. But smaller, more frequent collisions also pose a marked risk. This is why a New space telescope could spot potentially hazardous asteroids heading for Earth, since in 2013, an asteroid entered Earth's atmosphere over Chelyabinsk, Russia. It exploded in the air, releasing 20 to 30 times more energy than that of the first atomic bombs, generating brightness greater than the sun, exuding heat, damaging more than 7,000 buildings and injuring more than 1,000 people. The shock wave broke windows 58 miles away. It went undetected because the asteroid came from the same direction and path as the sun.
These meteorites landed on Earth after a 22-million-year voyage
The NEO Surveyor will use infrared sensors that can help astronomers find these objects -- even ones that may approach Earth during the day from the direction of the sun. This isn't something that's possible using ground-based observatories.

Read more here:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/30/world/international-asteroid-day-2021-nasa-telescope-scn/index.html

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.