ANN: CUJ articles available oline

Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For Email)

Feb 20, 2006, 5:54:10 AM2/20/06
A kind reader finally convinced me to take one hour to make all of my
C/C++ Users Journal articles available online.

If you'd care to find out about lock-free data structures, the
subtleties of implementing the Observer design pattern, which chapter of
Modern C++ Design I believe was a gaffe, or simply what I really think
about Alexander Stepanov, you may want to mosey to:

http://erdani.org/publications/

They're all there, annoying ads and all.

A number of articles are available in PDF or PS format only. Those
aren't the final published versions, but instead the "manuscripts" that
I'd sent to the publisher. As such, there might be slight differences
between the print articles and their downloadable form.

Andrei

Catalin Marinas

Feb 20, 2006, 7:56:38 AM2/20/06
"Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For Email)" <SeeWebsit...@moderncppdesign.com> wrote:
> A kind reader finally convinced me to take one hour to make all of my
> C/C++ Users Journal articles available online.

That's great.

I always followed your articles with interest. Since CUJ is no longer
published, are you going to keep updating this page or publish them in
a different magazine (or a new book)?

Thanks (multumesc :-))

--
Catalin

jeroen

Feb 20, 2006, 7:57:49 AM2/20/06
Hello Andrei,

Thanks for making these available - I'm sure many people will enjoy
reading them

I'm interested to know - now that C/C++ Users Journal is no more - if
you are going to be publishing in another magazine (dr dobbs?).

Regards,
Jeroen.

Dan McLeran

Feb 20, 2006, 11:23:21 AM2/20/06

> A kind reader finally convinced me to take one hour to make all of my

Thanks Andrei. I was bummed CUJ won't be around anymore. Do you plan to
write for Dr. Dobbs?

Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For Email)

Feb 21, 2006, 5:07:17 AM2/21/06
Dan McLeran wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For Email) wrote:
>> A kind reader finally convinced me to take one hour to make all of my
>
> Thanks Andrei. I was bummed CUJ won't be around anymore. Do you plan to
> write for Dr. Dobbs?

Thanks Dan, Jeroen, Catalin, and those who've asked the same question
via email. DDJ was kind enough to invite me to port my column to them,
but I declined in order to better focus on my research. The opportunity
of a feature article now and then remains open.

I'd like to take this opportunity to ask the other CUJ columnists and
featured authors... what are your plans?

Andrei

David Abrahams

Feb 22, 2006, 6:27:25 AM2/22/06
"Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For Email)" <SeeWebsit...@moderncppdesign.com> writes:

> Dan McLeran wrote:
>> Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For Email) wrote:
>>> A kind reader finally convinced me to take one hour to make all of my
>>
>> Thanks Andrei. I was bummed CUJ won't be around anymore. Do you plan to
>> write for Dr. Dobbs?
>
> Thanks Dan, Jeroen, Catalin, and those who've asked the same question
> via email. DDJ was kind enough to invite me to port my column to them,
> but I declined in order to better focus on my research. The opportunity
> of a feature article now and then remains open.
>
> I'd like to take this opportunity to ask the other CUJ columnists and
> featured authors... what are your plans?

Well, I only ever wrote one article for CUJ, but Eric Niebler and I
have been planning a Boost-oriented article series for some time now,
and we plan to throw our support behind The C++ Source
(http://www.artima.com/cppsource) starting in April. The C++ Source
is the only publication left that is really focused on the C++
language -- and we like the makeup of its advisory board ;-)

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

Edson Manoel

Feb 22, 2006, 7:34:28 PM2/22/06
I like the format of Artima, there are a lot of very good people in its
advisory board, but the C++ articles are scarce (in 2005 there were
only 7 articles in The C+ Source ). I really hope that now, with the
end of CUJ, good articles become more frequent there!

BTW, The C++ Source is not the only one left... there is also
Informit.com C++:

http://www.informit.com/articles/index.asp?st=41346

Joshua Lehrer

Feb 23, 2006, 5:28:48 AM2/23/06

> A kind reader finally convinced me to take one hour to make all of my
> C/C++ Users Journal articles available online.
>
> If you'd care to find out about lock-free data structures, the
> subtleties of implementing the Observer design pattern, which chapter of
> Modern C++ Design I believe was a gaffe, or simply what I really think
> about Alexander Stepanov, you may want to mosey to:
>
> http://erdani.org/publications/
>
> They're all there, annoying ads and all.

Andrei,

you were going to include a link from your Scopeguard article to my
improvements, which can be found here:

http://www.lehrerfamily.com/scopeguard.html

Do you still intend to link back to me?

-joshua lehrer