what is _("string")?

kernus

Jun 24, 2009, 3:28:57 AM6/24/09
cerr << _("Error: no input file was specified. Exiting.") << endl;

what is _(" "), a g++ extension? I never saw this structure before I
start to read the gnash source code.

Keith Thompson

Jun 25, 2009, 5:58:06 PM6/25/09

Syntactically, _ is just an identifier.

In this context, it's probably a macro defined by GNU gettext.
_("some string") returns either "some string" or the translation of
"some string" into the currently specified language.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) ks...@mib.org <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
Nokia