Dragonfly with IronPython

Mr. Anderson

Dec 25, 2013, 1:34:20 PM12/25/13
The last couple of days I've just been googling around to see if
there's any way to make Dragonfly work with IronPython. Since
Dragonfly uses CPython 2.7 on my machine, I guess the real question is
whether there's a way to make IronPython interact with CPython code.
It would just be neat to access compiled .NET code (in a DLL) from
Dragonfly scripts.

Regarding the macro recorder, I'll get back to it at some point,
hopefully even in January. It's just that I'm doing this complex
database import at work, and it's boggling my mind.

Merry Christmas!
Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

Dec 25, 2013, 1:42:50 PM12/25/13

Mr. Anderson

Dec 25, 2013, 2:06:40 PM12/25/13
If nothing else, I suppose I could write a C++ Python extension that
interoperates with C# code, just as I've made the macro recorder code
interact with C#. This extension would then be accessible from
Dragonfly. Hmmm....

Merry Christmas!
Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

Dec 25, 2013, 3:44:12 PM12/25/13
Or expose my C# DLL through COM and access it that way. Perhaps this
is the easiest. Hmmm...

Mr. Anderson

Dec 26, 2013, 3:12:46 PM12/26/13
Okay, so I've discovered that it's fairly easy to create C# DLLs that
can be accessed from Python.

This means that I can create code to do things in C# (whatever is
desired), and then have a voice command in Python to trigger its
execution.

John Doe

Dec 26, 2013, 6:20:10 PM12/26/13
Cool. As long as my macro/text recorder works with it.

I'm using your first project. Trying to get it to work in Release
version. I think the runtime error (if that's what you call it)
has something to do with the sounds. So, being pretty much
clueless, I'm trying to strip the thing of the sound DLL stuff.

Of course the great thing about software is that you can hack away
at it without a care, because you can just revert to the most
recent functional copy.

I installed a few recent Windows 8 updates and now the "recording
in progress" text does not become black and invisible after the
first recording.

John Doe

Dec 26, 2013, 6:31:43 PM12/26/13
> I installed a few recent Windows 8 updates and now the "recording
> in progress" text does not become black and invisible after the
> first recording.

Nevermind that.

Mr. Anderson

Dec 26, 2013, 8:06:27 PM12/26/13
>Of course the great thing about software is that you can hack away
>at it without a care, because you can just revert to the most
>recent functional copy.
Yes, and learn something in the process, hopefully.