Python Tools for Visual Studio

gregor...@yahoo.com

Dec 14, 2013, 12:38:42 PM12/14/13

John Doe

Dec 14, 2013, 4:24:31 PM12/14/13
gregorys12003 yahoo.com wrote:

> http://www.hanselman.com/blog/OneOfMicrosoftsBestKeptSecretsPythonToolsForVisualStudioPTVS.aspx

Go for it.

You should be aware that Vocola 2 allows extensions and that they
are in Python. I'm not the expert to ask, but it might allow as
much flexibility as Dragonfly, using those extensions. Also, the
Vocola 2 source code might be available. Mark Lillibridge is
active with Vocola 2.

I can do (and am doing) some stuff with Visual C++ and the hook. I
have my hands full.

When I asked about the Dragonfly installer, I was asking about
something they were supposed to be producing this year. Besides
the guy that wrote it (Christo, who hasn't been around for years),
the only long-term Dragonfly enthusiast is that girl Reckoner.
Christo probably told her that he was going to write and publish
an installer, but hasn't. If you expect others to join, they have
to be able to install the thing. Otherwise, it can't fly. The
Vocola 2 installation is cumbersome, but not nearly like
Dragonfly. And it has some skilled programmers actively working
with it, namely Mark. And the original Vocola programmer is still
around too.

Choose one bear or the another.

Mr. G

Dec 14, 2013, 4:46:39 PM12/14/13
Thanks for the insider scoop.

I asssume when you say you have your hands full with the hook, you're
talking about your macro recorder.

GS