DatePicker in Real Basic

csk...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2008, 1:05:10 AM6/23/08
to 4hjfrn1N...@spambox.us
Hello all,

Is there any equivalent DatePicker control in Real Basic ?

What is the best way to get inputs from user (for date) ?

let me know.

thanks :)

Bob Coleman/PDX

Jun 24, 2008, 12:38:36 AM6/24/08
The only one I know if is at
http://www.einhugur.com/Html/DateControl/index.html

-Bob

<csk...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)

Jun 24, 2008, 10:38:28 AM6/24/08
If you are familiar with how to use the DatePicker control, then you do have
the option of adding it for use in your project. With the Project tab (or a
Window tab in design mode) selected, click Project/Add/ActiveX Component on
REALbasic's menu bar and choose Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control from
the list that appears... it will be available from your Project Controls
(click the "Built-In Controls" drop-down button on the controls selection
box).

Rick

dps...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2008, 7:41:42 AM6/25/08
On Jun 24, 7:38 pm, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"

<rick.newsNO.S...@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote:
> If you are familiar with how to use the DatePicker control, then you do have
> the option of adding it for use in your project. With the Project tab (or a
> Window tab in design mode) selected, click Project/Add/ActiveX Component on
> REALbasic's menu bar and choose Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control from
> the list that appears... it will be available from your Project Controls
> (click the "Built-In Controls" drop-down button on the controls selection
> box).
>
> Rick
>
> <cska...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello all,
>
> > Is there any equivalent DatePicker control in Real Basic ?
>
> > What is the best way to get inputs from user (for date) ?
>
> > let me know.
>
> > thanks :)

Yes. I found that and added in my window. it works fine. Is the
control will work in Mac too ?

Because my application has to work on both windows and mac.

Thanks for your help

Jean-Yves

Jun 25, 2008, 10:49:54 AM6/25/08
In article
<e2c46845-1b5b-47b6...@w34g2000prm.googlegroups.com>,
dps...@gmail.com wrote:

every activex component works *ONLY* on windows systems...
thanks to the proprietary micro$oft format...
if you want to go mac and windows you need the einhugur plugin
or write it yourself with a canvas as ancestor..

good luck.

--
Jean-Yves.

Viktor Zacek

Jun 25, 2008, 1:28:19 PM6/25/08
<dps...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes. I found that and added in my window. it works fine. Is the
> control will work in Mac too ?
>
> Because my application has to work on both windows and mac.

No.

That option is OS-specific.

Best regards,
Viktor

Viktor Zacek

Jun 25, 2008, 1:28:19 PM6/25/08
<csk...@gmail.com> wrote:

Just take a look at the examples.

There is a directory named "Dates and Calendars".
In there is a program named "Calendar Window Example.rbp".
It think that is what you are searching.

I was not satisfied with that, and rewrote it to meet certain european
(especially german) standards (monday first day of the week and such
things).

Best regards,
Viktor

dps...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2008, 5:39:54 AM6/26/08
On Jun 25, 10:28 pm, usenet2...@zacek.de (Viktor Zacek) wrote:

Yes. I already tried that. will use it.

Thanks

djamela...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2013, 10:50:17 AM3/1/13
Hello,

Comming from VB6, i am migrate to RB 2012 to convert ma applications to RealBasic, so i have probleme with DTPicker under Realbasic date is running, but DTPicker Time not, any idea ?

regards.