SMTP send mail example!

xalox

Mar 9, 2011, 11:53:15 AM3/9/11
hello!
i have a problem with a simple smtp client

this is my code

<<
Dim mymail as EmailMessage
dim SMTPSocket1 AS NEW SMTPSocket

SMTPSocket1.Address= "out.alice.it"
SMTPSocket1.port = 25

mymail = New EmailMessage
mymail.fromAddress=textField1.text //mittente
mymail.AddRecipient trim(TextField2.Text)//destinatario
mymail.subject=textField3.text //oggetto
mymail.bodyPlainText = textfield4.text //body plain
mymail.bodyHTML = textField4.text //body html

SMTPSocket1.SendMail //invio messaggio
MsgBox("invio riuscito!")

it compiles and arrive at the msgbox but the program don't work really.

help me..grazie in anticipo! =)

Bernd Fröhlich

Mar 14, 2011, 6:16:46 AM3/14/11
xalox <tbhi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Maybe your provider out.alice.it requires authentication for SMTP or
uses another port?

(I googled "out.alice.it smtp" to find out but got only italian sites
and I don´t speak the language)

xalox

Mar 16, 2011, 5:03:15 AM3/16/11
I don0t think because I did the same program in Visual Basic 2008 Express and it works without special precautions.

thanks for your attention