sockets code example

zebra

Mar 3, 2011, 6:07:47 PM3/3/11

Can someone please point me to a complex multithreaded sockets code
example in realbasic?

TIA

--
"Knowledge is not power. It's wisdom and truth. Power comes and goes,
while wisdom stays and grows."

Auric__

Mar 4, 2011, 10:49:02 PM3/4/11
zebra wrote:

> Can someone please point me to a complex multithreaded sockets code
> example in realbasic?

Define "complex". What *exactly* are you after?

Also, I'm not even sure if anyone else is here anymore. Everyone else seems to
have moved to the fora. Look here:
http://forums.realsoftware.com/

--
Only the witches had a similar storehouse of experience
upon which to draw and they moved with fearful caution.

zebra

Mar 4, 2011, 11:54:31 PM3/4/11
On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 03:49:02 -0000, Auric__ <not.m...@email.address>
wrote:

> zebra wrote:
>
>> Can someone please point me to a complex multithreaded sockets code
>> example in realbasic?
>
> Define "complex". What *exactly* are you after?
>
> Also, I'm not even sure if anyone else is here anymore. Everyone else
> seems to
> have moved to the fora. Look here:
> http://forums.realsoftware.com/

Hi

a) DNS forwarding with peer roundrobin.
b) Multithreaded for asynchronous arrivals.
c) Disassembly of the packets are required for this task in compliance to
rfc1035.
d) Multi-question section packets from clients must be "dissected" for
pooling amongst different DNS peers instead of pounding the same DNS peer.
e) And maybe who knows? DNS Sec?

... I would go on but I'm so gratefull for your company here that I don't
want to annoy you :-)

Cofee?

PS: Thanks for the link but I was trying to avoy web forums.

Auric__

Mar 5, 2011, 1:02:51 AM3/5/11
zebra wrote:

> On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 03:49:02 -0000, Auric__ <not.m...@email.address>
> wrote:
>
>> zebra wrote:
>>
>>> Can someone please point me to a complex multithreaded sockets code
>>> example in realbasic?
>>
>> Define "complex". What *exactly* are you after?
>>
>> Also, I'm not even sure if anyone else is here anymore. Everyone else
>> seems to have moved to the fora. Look here:
>> http://forums.realsoftware.com/
>
> Hi
>
> a) DNS forwarding with peer roundrobin.
> b) Multithreaded for asynchronous arrivals.
> c) Disassembly of the packets are required for this task in compliance to
> rfc1035.
> d) Multi-question section packets from clients must be "dissected" for
> pooling amongst different DNS peers instead of pounding the same DNS peer.
> e) And maybe who knows? DNS Sec?

Sheesh. I had to ask.

I don't know anything about any of those, sorry. Try running a Google search for
those things. You might get some C or C++ code, which shouldn't be *too* hard
to figure out.

(My knowledge is higher up the OSI model. Newsreaders, web browsers, email
clients, etc. Don't need to worry about things at the packet level there.)

> ... I would go on but I'm so gratefull for your company here that I don't
> want to annoy you :-)
>
> Cofee?

No thanks. Can't stand the taste.

> PS: Thanks for the link but I was trying to avoy web forums.

Understandable. I don't like them much myself.

--
Your suffering will free you.