A public domain BASIC chess program, with the complete sources

Antti Juhani Ylikoski

May 13, 2018, 6:59:03 AM5/13/18
Here comes a public domain BASIC chess program, with the complete
sources:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5092xcx8q3a9q4/AAC4JqwYJPbb4aTEMi_r1mLIa?dl=0

I found the program in the QB64 forum.

Change the FUTURE2.BI into the future2.bi.

Enjoy!!!!

Dr Antti Ylikoski
Europe

Auric__

May 13, 2018, 2:04:17 PM5/13/18
Antti Juhani Ylikoski wrote:

> Here comes a public domain BASIC chess program, with the complete
> sources:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5092xcx8q3a9q4/AAC4JqwYJPbb4aTEMi_r1mLIa?dl=0
>
> I found the program in the QB64 forum.
>
> Change the FUTURE2.BI into the future2.bi.
>
> Enjoy!!!!

I don't see anything there that suggests this is in the public domain.
Specifically, this line:

'* WRITTEN BY THOMAS MCBURNEY (C) 2003

...indicates that it's copyrighted, and likely not released under an open
license of any sort. Okay for sharing, perhaps, but that's about it.

--
I've got more crazy than I can handle
and life is still finding new ways to pile it on.

Antti Juhani Ylikoski

May 13, 2018, 2:34:43 PM5/13/18
On 13/05/18 19:04, Auric__ wrote:
> Antti Juhani Ylikoski wrote:
>
>> Here comes a public domain BASIC chess program, with the complete
>> sources:
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5092xcx8q3a9q4/AAC4JqwYJPbb4aTEMi_r1mLIa?dl=0
>>
>> I found the program in the QB64 forum.
>>
>> Change the FUTURE2.BI into the future2.bi.
>>
>> Enjoy!!!!
>
> I don't see anything there that suggests this is in the public domain.
> Specifically, this line:
>
> '* WRITTEN BY THOMAS MCBURNEY (C) 2003
>
> ...indicates that it's copyrighted, and likely not released under an open
> license of any sort. Okay for sharing, perhaps, but that's about it.

It was published in the QB64 forum, for anyone to use, and for anyone to
download.

Do you think I should delete this one?

yours, AJY

Auric__

May 13, 2018, 6:14:20 PM5/13/18
That doesn't make it public domain. Permission to use and share is not public
domain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain

> Do you think I should delete this one?

If you're refering to your Usenet post, you can't.

--
Doom upon me. What was it you wanted?

Antti Juhani Ylikoski

May 13, 2018, 7:14:20 PM5/13/18
THANK YOU for the legal information!!

"Doom upon me. What was it you wanted?" This is what I wanted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy6AOGRsR80

yours, DL AJY
Europe