HELP!: GWBASIC won't run; returns "You can not SHELL to basic"

Roy Boggs

Nov 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/11/96

With Win 95 installed on my machine, GWBASIC will NOT execute at all
and instead, returns the message

"You can not SHELL to basic"

which I know is a messge embedded in GWBasic itself. I must have it
for some ham radio programs written in this language.

Basica will execute but returns errors when trying to run these prgs
written for GWbasic.

Desperate,

Roy Boggs
rbo...@pcc-uky.campus.mci.net

Cookie

Nov 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/14/96

Howdi
Wel, why don't you try this: Restart the PC without (!!!) win (3.x,NT/95,
whatever) This because there are lots of programs wich win can't run. (Or
run verry slowly) If you're using win95 then there is a little problem to
not run win... just try a bootdisk with dos en gwbasic, et voila ....
problem solved... btw: save the HAM-radio files with the A option: SAVE
"HAM1.BAS",A then you can run them in QBASIC..... (wich can be runned
under windows)

| ooooO I must not fear ... Fear is the mind-killer ... Ooooo |
| ( ) ( ) |
| \ ( coo...@opc25.ruca.ua.ac.be ) / |
| \_) http://www.dra.nl/~cookie/ (_/ |

timur...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2019, 10:32:18 PM1/15/19
☺☺

after 23 years i think i have a quick response for you..

you have to set value 00 to 0050:000F before running GWBASIC.

here is a debug script;

>DEBUG noshell.com
-A
xxxx:0100 MOV AX,0050