Nice article on awk by Andy Oram

Aharon Robbins

May 20, 2021, 2:41:03 PM5/20/21
See:

https://www.fosslife.org/awk-power-and-promise-40-year-old-language

Arnold
--
Aharon (Arnold) Robbins arnold AT skeeve DOT com

Kpop 2GM

Sep 6, 2021, 11:58:29 AM9/6/21
👍👍👍

Amen. I've been telling others for a while - if they want fancy bells and whistles, use Python, but if they want performance, without compiling to C, then awk is the only way to go. I've only discovered awk circa 2018, but it has been an absolute godsend.

Pankaj Jangid

Sep 7, 2021, 3:15:38 AM9/7/21
arn...@skeeve.com (Aharon Robbins) writes:

> https://www.fosslife.org/awk-power-and-promise-40-year-old-language

I have 20 yrs of programming experience but I am new to this refreshing
world of Awk. Thanks for sharing this article.

--
Regards ~Pankaj