Re: Advice for new-ish player

Igenlode Wordsmith

Jul 31, 2022, 3:58:36 PM7/31/22
On 31 Jul 2022 Rayner Lucas wrote:

>In article <eli$22073...@qaz.wtf>, *@eli.users.panix.com says...
>>
>> In rec.games.roguelike.moria,
>> Rayner Lucas <usenet...@magic-cookie.co.ukNOSPAMPLEASE> wrote:

>> > I've got a few invulnerability potions left over, so I might see if I
>> > can bag an AMHD for the monster memory, but apart from that Cowslip the
>> > Halfling Mage gets to enjoy a well-earned retirement.
>>
>> You need to quit, I think, to get the winner tombstone. If you die
>> before then, it's not a complete win.
>
>Yep, I went and killed an AMHD just for the heck of it (didn't really
>even need the potions for it, since with two Rings of Speed you can
>pillar-dance them), then quit to get the win screen and "died of Ripe
>Old Age" tombstone :-)

Congratulations! :-)

--
Igenlode Visit the Ivory Tower http://ivory.ueuo.com/Tower/

We live in a culture in which being well-spoken is considered
proof of insincerity.

Keith Thompson

Aug 3, 2022, 2:18:26 PM8/3/22
Igenlode Wordsmith <Use-Author-Supplied-Address-Header@[127.1]> writes:
> On 31 Jul 2022 Rayner Lucas wrote:
>>In article <eli$22073...@qaz.wtf>, *@eli.users.panix.com says...
>>> In rec.games.roguelike.moria,
>>> Rayner Lucas <usenet...@magic-cookie.co.ukNOSPAMPLEASE> wrote:
[SNIP]
> Congratulations! :-)

Is there any particular reason you posted this reply to comp.lang.awk
rather than rec.games.roguelike.moria?

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) Keith.S.T...@gmail.com
Working, but not speaking, for Philips

Igenlode Wordsmith

Aug 4, 2022, 3:13:18 AM8/4/22
On 3 Aug 2022 Keith Thompson wrote:

>Igenlode Wordsmith <Use-Author-Supplied-Address-Header@[127.1]> writes:
>> On 31 Jul 2022 Rayner Lucas wrote:
>>>In article <eli$22073...@qaz.wtf>, *@eli.users.panix.com says...
>[SNIP]
>> Congratulations! :-)
>
>Is there any particular reason you posted this reply to comp.lang.awk
>rather than rec.games.roguelike.moria?

The usual reason for messages posted to the wrong conversation - obvious
user error :-(

--
Igenlode Visit the Ivory Tower http://ivory.ueuo.com/Tower/

"He uses the weapons a clever man can - a pistol, a sword and a jest"

Janis Papanagnou

Aug 4, 2022, 6:57:32 AM8/4/22
On 04.08.2022 08:54, Igenlode Wordsmith wrote:
> On 3 Aug 2022 Keith Thompson wrote:
>
>> Igenlode Wordsmith <Use-Author-Supplied-Address-Header@[127.1]> writes:
>> [SNIP]
>>> Congratulations! :-)
>>
>> Is there any particular reason you posted this reply to comp.lang.awk
>> rather than rec.games.roguelike.moria?
>>
> The usual reason for messages posted to the wrong conversation - obvious
> user error :-(

Quite some time ago I did the same thing (also here in this newsgroup,
IIRC), concerning rec.games.roguelike.nethack in my case. Funnily awk
users seem to have some relation to roguelikes? :-)

Janis