CLIST and REXX.

L.D.Roadie

Jun 24, 2010, 12:10:27 AM6/24/10
First: Does anyone know of a port of the CLIST command processor to a
Mac or Unix command line platform?

Second: Has anyone ever used Regina Rexx in a cgi-bin environment
under something like Apache or Abyss web servers?

Thanks.

SkippyPB

Jun 24, 2010, 10:33:13 AM6/24/10

I don't think you have the correct newsgroup for your question. This
newsgroup is for discussions about the IBM Assembler 376/370/OS VS
language that runs on a mainframe computer.

Regards,
--

////
(o o)

"You have to learn to crawl before you can grovel."
-- Art Grinath
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remove nospam to email me.

Steve

John W Kennedy

Jun 24, 2010, 2:21:36 PM6/24/10
On 2010-06-24 10:33:13 -0400, SkippyPB said:

> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:10:27 -0700 (PDT), "L.D.Roadie"
> <ldro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> First: Does anyone know of a port of the CLIST command processor to a
>> Mac or Unix command line platform?
>>
>> Second: Has anyone ever used Regina Rexx in a cgi-bin environment
>> under something like Apache or Abyss web servers?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> I don't think you have the correct newsgroup for your question. This
> newsgroup is for discussions about the IBM Assembler 376/370/OS VS
> language that runs on a mainframe computer.

Not to mention that there are about twelvety-'leven different languages
called "CLIST". But REXX pretty much triumphed over all of them yonks
ago.

--
John W Kennedy
"When a man contemplates forcing his own convictions down another man's

Andy Wood

Jun 24, 2010, 5:31:37 PM6/24/10

Well, REXX and CLIST may be off-topic here, but not that far off! I
suspect that the OP is well aware that those who understand IBM
mainframe Assembler will not confuse TSO CLIST language with any of
the other twelvety-'leven different languages called "CLIST".

Not that I have ever encountered any of those other languages ...

Andy Wood
woo...@trap.ozemail.com.au

Allodoxaphobia

Jun 24, 2010, 9:28:06 PM6/24/10

A little further on down ------->

comp.lang.rexx

L.D.Roadie

Jun 26, 2010, 12:47:03 AM6/26/10
On Jun 24, 2:31 pm, woo...@trap.ozemail.com.au (Andy Wood) wrote:

Andy is correct. In a former life, I did S/360/370/390/... assembler.

I figured that if anyone or group on usenet would know the answers to
my original questions, this would be the group. It is clear that I was
mistaken.

Allodoxaphobia

Jun 26, 2010, 12:47:51 PM6/26/10
On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 21:47:03 -0700 (PDT), L.D.Roadie wrote:
> On Jun 24, 2:31 pm, woo...@trap.ozemail.com.au (Andy Wood) wrote:
>> John W Kennedy <jwke...@attglobal.net> wrote:

>> >Not to mention that there are about twelvety-'leven different languages
>> >called "CLIST". But REXX pretty much triumphed over all of them yonks
>> >ago.
>>
>> Well, REXX and CLIST may be off-topic here, but not that far off! I
>> suspect that the OP is well aware that those who understand IBM
>> mainframe Assembler will not confuse TSO CLIST language with any of
>> the other  twelvety-'leven different languages called "CLIST".
>>
>> Not that I have ever encountered any of those other languages ...
>
> Andy is correct. In a former life, I did S/360/370/390/... assembler.
>
> I figured that if anyone or group on usenet would know the answers to
> my original questions, this would be the group. It is clear that I was
> mistaken.

Most of 'us' are in a old folks home with moderate cases of dementia. :-)

Jonesy -- first Sys/360 assembler program in 1966
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux