Looking for .COM program sources in NASM Assembly

Paolo Amoroso

Sep 5, 2022, 3:57:23 AM9/5/22
I'm looking for source code of MS-DOS .COM programs in real-mode 8086 Assembly written in NASM syntax. Any repositories or recommendations?

I'm learning Assembly programming under MS-DOS (and MikeOS) and cross-developing on Linux with NASM. To avoid the complexity of x86 segmentation, for the time being I prefer to focus on single-segment programs, as I plan to write small programs anyway. So I'd like to study examples of how such systems organize and reference data and code. I searched a bit but found remarkably little .COM code.

Jean pierneef

Dec 24, 2022, 2:31:46 PM12/24/22
On Monday, September 5, 2022 at 9:57:23 AM UTC+2, Paolo Amoroso wrote:
> I'm looking for source code of MS-DOS .COM programs in real-mode 8086 Assembly written in NASM syntax. Any repositories or recommendations?
>
> I'm learning Assembly programming under MS-DOS (and MikeOS) and cross-developing on Linux with NASM. To avoid the complexity of x86 segmentation, for the time being I prefer to focus on single-segment programs, as I plan to write small programs anyway. So I'd like to study examples of how such systems organize and reference data and code. I searched a bit but found remarkably little .COM code.

Try some of the older assembler books and manuals found online, have a look at their more complex examples and adjust to nasm syntax