NARS2000 #FMT error in 0.5.9.4

Brian McGuinness

May 30, 2023, 3:04:11 PM5/30/23
I don't know if this happens in later versions, but in version 0.5.9.4, which is the latest version I can run under Wine on my system, I see integers replaced with zeros:

⎕SYSVER
0.5.9.4 Sat Feb 02 21:47:50 2019 Win/64
'A1,I8' ⎕FMT 'abc',[1.5]1 2 3
a 0
b 0
c 0
'abc',[1.5]1 2 3
a 1
b 2
c 3

(My original code attempted to display characters with their ⎕UCS equivalents next to them.)

--- Brian

Bob Smith

May 30, 2023, 8:12:05 PM5/30/23
The latest (unreleased version) displays the output correctly. I'll
have to dig a bit to find out why, but apparently it's

Bob Smith -- bsm...@sudleydeplacespam.com
http://www.sudleyplace.com - http://www.nars2000.org

To reply to me directly, delete "despam".

Bob Smith

May 30, 2023, 8:13:26 PM5/30/23
On 5/30/2023 8:12 PM, Bob Smith wrote:
> On 5/30/2023 3:04 PM, Brian McGuinness wrote:
>> I don't know if this happens in later versions, but in version
>> 0.5.9.4, which is the latest version I can run under Wine on my
>> system, I see integers replaced with zeros:
>>
>>        ⎕SYSVER
>> 0.5.9.4  Sat Feb 02 21:47:50 2019  Win/64
>>        'A1,I8' ⎕FMT 'abc',[1.5]1 2 3
>> a       0
>> b       0
>> c       0
>>        'abc',[1.5]1 2 3
>> a 1
>> b 2
>> c 3
>>
>> (My original code attempted to display characters with their ⎕UCS
>> equivalents next to them.)
>
> The latest (unreleased version) displays the output correctly.  I'll
> have to dig a bit to find out why, but apparently it's

fixed.