HBD Ada!

Jeffrey R.Carter

Dec 10, 2023, 8:06:24 AM12/10/23
Happy birthday, Ada, born this day in 1815/1980.

--
Jeff Carter
“C was designed to be written; Ada was designed to be read.”

bill

Dec 11, 2023, 12:50:35 AM12/11/23
Nice to see someone remembered the old gal. By the way, what happened to this site. So goes the world I guess.

Simon Wright

Dec 11, 2023, 8:04:30 AM12/11/23
bill <bill.th...@gmail.com> writes:

> By the way, what happened
> to this site. So goes the world I guess.

If you're using Google Groups: sex, betting, and pirate videos. And
disengagement by Google.

If you're using a real news server (e.g eternal-september, aioe(?)) the
spam leakage is fairly minor.

Jeffrey R.Carter

Dec 11, 2023, 5:05:21 PM12/11/23
news.eternal-september.org, Thunderbird, and some simple filters, and it's
practically nil.

--
Jeff Carter
"What did concern with 'efficiency' ...

Chris Townley

Dec 11, 2023, 7:07:59 PM12/11/23
On 11/12/2023 22:05, Jeffrey R.Carter wrote:
> On 2023-12-11 14:04, Simon Wright wrote:
>> bill <bill.th...@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>>                                  By the way, what happened
>>> to this site. So goes the world I guess.
>>
>> If you're using Google Groups: sex, betting, and pirate videos. And
>> disengagement by Google.
>>
>> If you're using a real news server (e.g eternal-september, aioe(?)) the
>> spam leakage is fairly minor.
>
> news.eternal-september.org, Thunderbird, and some simple filters, and
> it's practically nil.

Eternal September is fine, but I find Thunderbird unusable. Since the
latest batch of spam, I have to close it and open again to read anything
- multiple times

I keep trying others to run under Windoze, but so far no good. Might try
a Linux offering - I always have a few raspberry Pis hangins around, as
well as a nice fast Ubuntu server

--
Chris

Simon Wright

Dec 12, 2023, 3:43:43 AM12/12/23
Chris Townley <ne...@cct-net.co.uk> writes:

> I keep trying others to run under Windoze, but so far no good. Might
> try a Linux offering - I always have a few raspberry Pis hangins
> around, as well as a nice fast Ubuntu server

Emacs? I know many see it as a world of wierd ...

Stéphane Rivière

Dec 25, 2023, 6:19:25 AM12/25/23

> Eternal September is fine, but I find Thunderbird unusable. Since the
> latest batch of spam, I have to close it and open again to read anything
> - multiple times

I've been using TB and eternal-septembre for years (as have many others
here) with no worries and (almost) no spam. So this is strange. I hope
you find out what's wrong.

--
Stéphane Rivière
Ile d'Oléron - France