Alire

hn...@yahoo.de

Nov 10, 2022, 5:12:56 AM11/10/22
My question about "Alire" concerns the output of the messages on the screen. Unfortunately, some of the messages are so pale that I can hardly read them. It may be due to my eyes and I am therefore looking for a way to increase the contrast to "normal".
Theodor

Stephen Leake

Nov 12, 2022, 12:35:09 PM11/12/22
One option is to specify --no-color on the alr command line.

Otherwise, this is not an Alire question; the contrast is controlled by
the background color of the app you are viewing the alr output in
(there's probably a menu option to change the background color), and the
controls on your monitor.

--
-- Stephe

G.B.

Nov 13, 2022, 4:29:22 AM11/13/22
On 12.11.22 18:34, Stephen Leake wrote:
> "hn...@yahoo.de" <hn...@yahoo.de> writes:
>
>> My question about "Alire" concerns the output of the messages on the
>> screen. Unfortunately, some of the messages are so pale that I can
>> hardly read them. It may be due to my eyes and I am therefore looking
>> for a way to increase the contrast to "normal".
>
> One option is to specify --no-color on the alr command line.

Maybe there is an opportunity for reuse here.
Pass a hint to Alire developers about abstraction and about
triggering standard solutions (on compliant systems...):

- the abstractions being "emphasize this word", "make that
word strongly emphasized";
- standards being terminal screens etc. that understand those
instructions and render them accordingly.

Rod Kay

Nov 13, 2022, 5:35:02 PM11/13/22
On 10/11/22 21:12, hn...@yahoo.de wrote:
> My question about "Alire" concerns the output of the messages on the screen. Unfortunately, some of the messages are so pale that I can hardly read them. It may be due to my eyes and I am therefore looking for a way to increase the contrast to "normal".
> Theodor

A simple 'solution' might be to select the text with the mouse. This
usually changes the foreground/background colours and may make the text
easier to read.