ADA program

Dirrm

Dec 12, 2022, 3:21:11 PM12/12/22
I need help on writing this code? any pointers on where to begin
" go through a set of .txt and use them to develop a pattern of appearances of letters. You will need to make every lowercase letter into its uppercase equivalent and count the letter appearances. Using your results, you are to go through an encrypted file and try to decrypt it using letter substitution. Then decrypt the same encrypted file using the standard table. You also have access to the original text. Output should go to a .txt file"

AdaMagica

Dec 13, 2022, 4:49:19 AM12/13/22
First step:
So you need for each letter a number how often it occurs on average in (say) English texts. How do you do this. (Suppose fullstops, commas, question marks etc are ignored.)

Jeffrey R.Carter

Dec 13, 2022, 9:24:59 AM12/13/22
On 2022-12-12 21:21, Dirrm wrote:
> I need help on writing this code? any pointers on where to begin
> " go through a set of .txt and use them to develop a pattern of appearances of letters. You will need to make every lowercase letter into its uppercase equivalent and count the letter appearances. Using your results, you are to go through an encrypted file and try to decrypt it using letter substitution. Then decrypt the same encrypted file using the standard table. You also have access to the original text. Output should go to a .txt file"

First you need to know how to read a text file. Familiarity with the standard
library (http://www.ada-auth.org/standards/aarm12_w_tc1/html/AA-A.html) is helpful.

--
Jeff Carter
"Measure before making 'efficiency' changes."

viviane ghada

Dec 13, 2022, 10:15:28 AM12/13/22