tokyocabinet,redis,mongodb,couchdb,influxdb,timescaledb connectors.

Alain De Vos

Oct 31, 2019, 1:18:01 PM10/31/19
In our modern time there are also modern databases.
But for connecting one needs a connector.
I wander to which databases I can connect with ada.

Alain De Vos

Oct 31, 2019, 7:32:15 PM10/31/19
Well if I can connect to python I might have a very ugly-workaround.
But how do I connect to python ?

Dmitry A. Kazakov

Nov 1, 2019, 2:49:27 AM11/1/19
On 2019-11-01 00:32, Alain De Vos wrote:
> On Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 6:18:01 PM UTC+1, Alain De Vos wrote:
>> In our modern time there are also modern databases.
>> But for connecting one needs a connector.

If connector means DB client then this is wrong. Embeddable databases
like tokyocabinet and SQLite need none, the DBMS is a part of your program.

>> I wander to which databases I can connect with ada.

All of them.

> Well if I can connect to python I might have a very ugly-workaround.
> But how do I connect to python ?

Python has appropriately ugly and buggy API. It is no problem to call
Python from Ada. I have Ada applications running Python scripts.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

Shark8

Nov 1, 2019, 9:51:27 AM11/1/19
Apparently GNATCOLL has some database bindings, but I never got them to work. (64bit Windows, 32bit GNAT, 64bit Postgres was my setup back then IIRC; I suspect it had to do with the difference in 32- and 64-bit.)

I think Dmitry's Simple Components has a ODBC interface.

And there's an all-Ada graph-database called MNESON that I'm poking at to try to use Ada.Containers rather than the containers it's using.

Alain De Vos

Nov 1, 2019, 10:39:16 AM11/1/19
gnatcoll has normally sqlite and postgres.
But sqlite,postgres,mysql is the "usual stuff"

Björn Lundin

Nov 3, 2019, 1:28:26 PM11/3/19
https://jrmarino.github.io/AdaBase/introduction.html
(mysql,postgresql,sqlite)

others like ms sql-server -> ODBC

Oracle -> ODBC or native OCI.
OCI is easier via ocilib
https://vrogier.github.io/ocilib/

--
Björn

Alain De Vos

Nov 3, 2019, 1:41:07 PM11/3/19
On Sunday, November 3, 2019 at 7:28:26 PM UTC+1, björn lundin wrote:
> Den 2019-10-31 kl. 18:17, skrev Alain De Vos:
> > In our modern time there are also modern databases.
> > But for connecting one needs a connector.
> > I wander to which databases I can connect with ada.
> >

> https://jrmarino.github.io/AdaBase/introduction.html
> (mysql,postgresql,sqlite)

All connectors seem to be oriented towards relation databases ?

Alain De Vos

Nov 3, 2019, 3:31:51 PM11/3/19
On Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 6:18:01 PM UTC+1, Alain De Vos wrote:
It's nice to have connectors to relation databases.
But currently people are also developing query languages providing security or functionality on top of the sql-"text"-language.

Björn Lundin

Nov 3, 2019, 4:12:59 PM11/3/19
Den 2019-11-03 kl. 19:41, skrev Alain De Vos:
> On Sunday, November 3, 2019 at 7:28:26 PM UTC+1, björn lundin wrote:
>> Den 2019-10-31 kl. 18:17, skrev Alain De Vos:

>>> In our modern time there are also modern databases.
> All connectors seem to be oriented towards relation databases ?
>> others like ms sql-server -> ODBC

Sorry I did not see the buzzwords in the subject.

--
Björn

Marius Amado-Alves

Dec 22, 2022, 8:10:28 AM12/22/22
On Friday, 1 November 2019 at 13:51:27 UTC, Shark8 wrote:

> And there's an all-Ada graph-database called MNESON that I'm poking at to try to use Ada.Containers rather than the containers it's using. (Shark8)

Did you manage to do that?

Today I put Mneson on GitHub, including an adaptation of the 2005 code to build on present GNAT, but still with the non standard container lib.

Marius Amado-Alves

Dec 22, 2022, 8:16:54 AM12/22/22

https://github.com/marius-linguist/Mneson