[Ann] GnatStudio Cookbook

Rod Kay

Jun 27, 2023, 4:53:40 PM6/27/23
Hello again all,

In the hope it might help other people building or OS packaging
GnatStudio, I've prepared a 'cookbook' of sorts.

It provides build instructions for the entire GnatStudio project
stack, beginning with gprbuild-bootstrap and culminating in the build of
gnatstudio. The individual 'recipes' take the form of pacman PKGBUILDs
with tarballs and patches.

Here is the link ...

https://github.com/charlie5/archlinux-gnatstudio-support/tree/main/gnatstudio-cookbook

Regards.

Blady

Jul 1, 2023, 3:36:46 AM7/1/23
Hello Rod,

Thanks for sharing, I'll take a look.

I'm building GnatStudio for macOS Ventura.
Currently at step Ada Language Server, next to the step GnatStudio
itself ;-)

I'll be sure to share my progress.
In the meantime here is my approach for version 23.0w (in French language):
http://blady.pagesperso-orange.fr/telechargements/gnat/Install-GS-Quartz_WF.pdf

Pascal.

Rod Kay

Jul 4, 2023, 4:02:52 AM7/4/23
On 1/7/23 17:36, Blady wrote:

> Hello Rod,
>
> Thanks for sharing, I'll take a look.
>
> I'm building GnatStudio for macOS Ventura.
> Currently at step Ada Language Server, next to the step GnatStudio
> itself ;-)
>
> I'll be sure to share my progress.

Hi Pascal,

How is the Ventura build going ? If anything in the 'cookbook' is
unclear or problematic, don't hesitate to ask.

> In the meantime here is my approach for version 23.0w (in French language):
> http://blady.pagesperso-orange.fr/telechargements/gnat/Install-GS-Quartz_WF.pdf

Errr, my Francais is a little rusty :) but good luck (bonne chance?) !

Regards.

Blady

Jul 12, 2023, 2:48:43 PM7/12/23
Hi Rod,

The Ada compilation of GS is done.
But some files seems missing on Python side.

a) gnat/building_executable_programs_with_gnat.rst
I saw you add it in your distribution [1].
I took mine from 23.0w version from [2].
There are different.
Where did yours come from?

b) design/scripts/update_predefined_ada.py
I didn't find it, did you?

Regards, Pascal.

[1]
https://github.com/charlie5/archlinux-gnatstudio-support/blob/main/gnatstudio-cookbook/28.0-gnatstudio/building_executable_programs_with_gnat.rst
[2]
https://github.com/AdaCore/gnatstudio/releases/tag/gnatstudio-cr-20220512

Rod Kay

Jul 15, 2023, 11:34:08 AM7/15/23
On 13/7/23 04:48, Blady wrote:

> a) gnat/building_executable_programs_with_gnat.rst
> I saw you add it in your distribution [1].
> I took mine from 23.0w version from [2].
> There are different.
> Where did yours come from?

I think it came from the 2021 community release. Yours will be more
recent, so I will update to that version. Thanks for mentioning this.

> b) design/scripts/update_predefined_ada.py
> I didn't find it, did you?

No, sorry, I've not seen that file before.

Regards.