No Free GNAT 2022

Charly

Jul 15, 2022, 1:30:13 PM7/15/22
Hi everbody,

in the last 10 or 15 year I always downloaded the new free GNAT from Adacore in may or june. This year there was no new version but a hint, I should transition to Alire. But the <Link Find out how to transition to Alire> only gives me a "404 Page not found" error.
Can I get any help?
What is Alire?
How does it replace the old free GNAT?
Is the any way to get something like the earlier free GNAT versions?
I'm at a loss :-(

Kind regards
Charly

Stephen Leake

Jul 15, 2022, 7:27:08 PM7/15/22

https://alire.ada.dev/

> How does it replace the old free GNAT?

Alire is a package manager designed for and implemented in Ada.

It provides a GNAT compiler and associated tools, but they are intended
to be used with the Alire packages. You can use them for your own code,
either by creating a new Alire package to contain your code (and
possibly eventually publish it), or by setting your PATH to point to the
compiler installed by Alire.

I'm just getting started with Alire myself, partly for the same reason.

--
-- Stephe

Rod Kay

Jul 15, 2022, 10:27:00 PM7/15/22
You can find the 2022 release of the gnatstudio binary here ...

https://github.com/AdaCore/gnatstudio/releases

Regards.

Rod Kay

Jul 15, 2022, 11:04:34 PM7/15/22
The new 2022 Gnatstudio binary can be found here ...

https://github.com/AdaCore/gnatstudio/releases

Regards.

Rod Kay

Jul 16, 2022, 2:40:50 AM7/16/22
Also, if you happen to be using Archlinux, there is a
'gnatstudio-bin' in the AUR.

Vadim Godunko

Jul 16, 2022, 8:18:06 AM7/16/22
On Friday, July 15, 2022 at 8:30:13 PM UTC+3, Charly wrote:

> But the <Link Find out how to transition to Alire> only gives me a "404 Page not found" error.

This link is intended to points to

https://alire.ada.dev/transition_from_gnat_community.html

Charly

Jul 17, 2022, 8:51:43 AM7/17/22
Thank you for the answers

Regards

Saada Mehdi

Sep 21, 2022, 6:50:52 AM9/21/22
Le samedi 16 juillet 2022 à 08:40:50 UTC+2, roda...@gmail.com a écrit :
> Also, if you happen to be using Archlinux, there is a
> 'gnatstudio-bin' in the AUR.
Which seems broken as I write this. Like a lot of AUR packages.

Rod Kay

Sep 21, 2022, 8:11:26 AM9/21/22
If the problem is to do with the libcrypt version then the following
should help ...

$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypt.so.2 /usr/lib/libcrypt.so.1

I neglected to update the gnatstudio-bin PKGBUILD to fix this when
it occurred. Will correct asap.

Regards.