Question about alire

reinert

Sep 10, 2022, 2:11:16 AM9/10/22
Hello,

I am newbe on using alire. I installed "alr" and it functions as hoped for.

Q1:
where is the the compiler? As part of "alr"?

Q2:
"alr toolchain" gives:
CRATE VERSION STATUS NOTES
gprbuild 22.0.1 Default
gprbuild 2021.0.0+0778 Available Provided by system package: gprbuild
gnat_native 12.1.2 Default

Where do I find overview on what is in "gnat_native 12.1.2" (I assume it is the latest compiler version). Many Ada 2022 features there?

Q3:
How do I keep updated with the latest version (of the compiler)?

reinert

Simon Wright

Sep 10, 2022, 4:07:25 AM9/10/22
reinert <rei...@gmail.com> writes:

> I am newbe on using alire. I installed "alr" and it functions as hoped
> for.

Great!

> Q1:
> where is the the compiler? As part of "alr"?

You can find it (on a Unix machine, not sure about Windows) by

alr exec -- which gcc

If (again) you're on a Unix machine, it'll be under
~/.config/alire/cache/dependencies.

See https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-12/changes.html (scroll down to the Ada section).

> Q3:
> How do I keep updated with the latest version (of the compiler)?

I _think_

alr index --update-all
alr toolchain --select

should do it