A Short Video on Getting Started with GtkAda in 2023

Stephen Merrony

Jan 14, 2023, 4:01:15 AM1/14/23
I made a quick video showing how easy it is to get started writing Gtk application in Ada these days...

https://youtu.be/IofrV5hsUvg

Nasser M. Abbasi

Jan 14, 2023, 7:47:43 AM1/14/23
On 1/14/2023 3:01 AM, Stephen Merrony wrote:
> I made a quick video showing how easy it is to get started writing Gtk application in Ada these days...
>
> https://youtu.be/IofrV5hsUvg

thanks for the video.

I did not know one can use Microsoft Visual studio code to edit Ada
programs these days. Is this now the alternative to GNAT GPS editor?

And looking at your video, I see lots of words with a
straight line showing across some of the words. Why is that?
For example

Gtk.Widget;

Show with line across the middle of the word Widget, which makes
it hard to read. is there a reason why the editor adds this line?

--Nasser

Dmitry A. Kazakov

Jan 14, 2023, 8:00:28 AM1/14/23
On 2023-01-14 13:47, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:

> I did not know one can use Microsoft Visual studio code to edit Ada
> programs these days.

Do not tell anybody, but you can edit Ada programs even in the Microsoft
Notepad! (:-))

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

Alex Gamper

Jan 15, 2023, 7:16:41 PM1/15/23
Hi Steve

Nice video, good to see you using "Visual Studio Code" with the Ada language extension.

Btw you could also use "Visual Studio 2022" as an IDE, see below link for a short introductory video.

https://youtu.be/iJpQFVHC8I0

Addin can be downloaded from

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=AlexGamper.VisualAda-2022
or
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=AlexGamper.VisualAda

Jesper Quorning

Jan 16, 2023, 2:55:55 AM1/16/23
lørdag den 14. januar 2023 kl. 10.01.15 UTC+1 skrev mer...@gmail.com:
> I made a quick video showing how easy it is to get started writing Gtk application in Ada these days...
>
> https://youtu.be/IofrV5hsUvg
This has to be much faster, lighter, welcoming, and to the point to appeal to the next generations on TikTok.

Nice title, though!