gcc-13.2.0

hn...@yahoo.de

Sep 24, 2023, 10:42:24 AM9/24/23
Ventura 13.5.2

I have downloaded GNATStudio 20230713 and gcc-13.2.0 ...,
then what shall I do next to get GNATStudio up and running?

Stéphane Rivière

Sep 24, 2023, 11:14:52 AM9/24/23

> I have downloaded GNATStudio 20230713 and gcc-13.2.0 ...,
> then what shall I do next to get GNATStudio up and running?

If you are on Linux :
https://github.com/sowebio/adel-doc/blob/master/Ada%20Development%20Environment%20on%20Linux.pdf

More generaly, just install them and setup PATH to ../bin for both.

--
Stéphane Rivière
Ile d'Oléron - France

Simon Wright

Sep 24, 2023, 12:08:31 PM9/24/23
"hn...@yahoo.de" <hn...@yahoo.de> writes:

> Ventura 13.5.2

So you're running on a Mac; mini? air? pro? M1/2? Intel?

> I have downloaded GNATStudio 20230713 and gcc-13.2.0 ...,
> then what shall I do next to get GNATStudio up and running?

GNATStudio is an app, supplied as a .dmg.

What I would do (subtly different from the README on Sourceforge) would
be

* go to your ~/Downloads directory, and in a terminal say
xattr -c 20230713-Applications.dmg
to remove the quarantine attributes (I think this is easier than
waiting until you've installed it)

* Either double-click on the .dmg in Finder, or in ~/Downloads say
open 20230713-Applications.dmg
and go through the standard installation dialog, which will install
GNATStudio in your Applications directory.

As to gcc-13.2.0 ... assuming this is a binary distribution, where did
it come from? presumably there are installation instructions there?
There's a note in the Sourceforge README about what to do if the
compiler isn't at /opt/gcc-13.1.0/bin, but as far as I can tell
GNATStudio will use the first compiler it finds on your PATH.