GNAT 3.14.p / ASIS Problems

Volkert

Feb 15, 2002, 5:02:30 AM2/15/02
i just installed the latest public gnat (3.14p)
and asis versions on a win 2000 box. When i try to
use asis i always get an "inconsistant GNAT/ASIS versions"
exception. mmmmhhh!

Volkert

Thomas Wolf

Feb 15, 2002, 6:40:29 AM2/15/02

There's a bug (which I have already reported to ACT) in this
ASIS version.

You can correct that yourself:

Open the file gnat\gnatvsn.ads in the ASIS-for-GNAT 3.14p
distribution in your favorite text editor and insert a space
in the Gnat_Version_String after the "3.14p" so that the whole
line reads

Gnat_Version_String : constant String := "3.14p (20010503)";

(with *two* spaces in the string literal.)

Then re-install ASIS-for-GNAT.

Thomas Wolf e-mail: t_w...@angelfire.com

Volkert

Feb 16, 2002, 5:24:05 AM2/16/02
> line reads
>
> Gnat_Version_String : constant String := "3.14p (20010503)";
>
> (with *two* spaces in the string literal.)
>
> Then re-install ASIS-for-GNAT.

i fixed it and compiled asis and it works.
Thank you Thomas.

But now i got several warnings dumped to screen, like

ASIS warning:
Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for A4g.Atypes
ASIS warning:
Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for Sinfo
ASIS warning:
Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for Types
ASIS warning:
Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for Uintp
ASIS warning:
Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for Table
ASIS warning:
Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for Unrealp
ASIS warning:
Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for Asis.Implementation

With asis for gnat 3.13p i had never such warnings!

Volkert

Marc A. Criley

Feb 16, 2002, 8:55:44 AM2/16/02

You may want to also ask some of these questions on the ASIS mailing
list, information on joining that is at:

http://www.acm.org/sigada/WG/asiswg/#Participation

Marc A. Criley
Consultant
Quadrus Corporation
www.quadruscorp.com

Stephen Leake

Feb 17, 2002, 8:39:32 PM2/17/02
volker...@freenet.de (Volkert) writes:

> i fixed it and compiled asis and it works.
> Thank you Thomas.
>
> But now i got several warnings dumped to screen, like
>
> ASIS warning:
> Asis-Ada_Environment.Open: body is not compiled for A4g.Atypes
> ASIS warning:

<snip>

> With asis for gnat 3.13p i had never such warnings!

I don't get these warnings with gnat 3.14p, after fixing the version
string. Try completely deleting everything asis, then re-unpack,
patch the version string, and compile again. I'm running on Windows NT
and Windows 95.

--
-- Stephe

Volkert

Feb 18, 2002, 2:30:41 AM2/18/02
> I don't get these warnings with gnat 3.14p, after fixing the version
> string. Try completely deleting everything asis, then re-unpack,
> patch the version string, and compile again. ...
That is what i have done!

Volkert

Volkert

Feb 19, 2002, 1:42:30 PM2/19/02
volker...@freenet.de (Volkert) wrote in message news:<39ee2480.02021...@posting.google.com>...

> > I don't get these warnings with gnat 3.14p, after fixing the version
> > string. Try completely deleting everything asis, then re-unpack,
> > patch the version string, and compile again. ...

Oh, i see! All the Ada and Asis specific package bodies are not prepared
for further inspection. There are no tree files generated for them, but they
are withed ... yes, i think, that's what the warning is talking about.

Thank you!