Good news

J-P. Rosen

Jun 28, 2022, 7:29:06 AMJun 28
A recent survey
(https://www.analyticsinsight.net/top-10-outdated-programming-languages-to-forget-in-2022/)
enumerated the "TOP 10 OUTDATED PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES TO FORGET IN
2022". Although it mentionned COBOL, Pascal,
Objective-C among others, it didn't mention Ada.
Let's hope that it's not because the journalist didn't even know about
Ada...

Disclaimer: anyway, I don't think there is any value in that kind of survey,
I was just afraid of seeing Ada mentionned...

--
J-P. Rosen
Adalog

Dmitry A. Kazakov

Jun 28, 2022, 9:38:14 AMJun 28
On 2022-06-28 13:29, J-P. Rosen wrote:
> A recent survey
> (https://www.analyticsinsight.net/top-10-outdated-programming-languages-to-forget-in-2022/)
>
> enumerated the "TOP 10 OUTDATED PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES TO FORGET IN
> 2022". Although it mentionned COBOL, Pascal,
> Objective-C among others, it didn't mention Ada.
> Let's hope that it's not because the journalist didn't even know about
> Ada...
>
> Disclaimer: anyway, I don't think there is any value in that kind of
> survey,
> I was just afraid of seeing Ada mentionned...

A site called "Analytics Insight?"

"No!" interrupted Owl, who was wise.
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight.
How could an intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
-- The Story Of The Hare Who Lost His Spectacles

For sure, they listed criteria of "outdated" and then shown how these
languages fulfill them. No? I am shocked! (:-))

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

Gautier write-only address

Jun 29, 2022, 12:19:17 AMJun 29
The #1 on the list is VB.NET: "With developers actively adopting modern languages like .NET and C#, it might see itself shelved very soon."
Oh wait, is .NET a language now?
If you click on the link under "Microsoft", you land into something with the title:
"In this article know about the top 10 Microsoft programming languages to know in 2022"
One of them is VB.NET...

Gautier write-only address

Jul 27, 2022, 1:22:10 AMJul 27
From the same site:

"The latest programming language of Google, named Carbon will bring back the glory days of C++"
https://www.analyticsinsight.net/googles-carbon-can-do-what-rust-cant-outperforming-c-in-programming/

"The purpose of this new work-in-progress programming language is to convert the C++ codebases in a better way than Rust. According to experts, Rust doesn’t have the same bi-directional interoperability as other tools [...]"

:-)