countdown timers . . . 22 days!

Jan 30, 2024, 7:21:48 PMJan 30

countdown timers (and probably sports betting, office pools etc.) are
beginning to appear over google's approaching disjunction from usenet

(using Tor Browser 13.0.9, local system time 00:00-24:00|PT/UT-8) . . .
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20240222T00&p0=1241&msg=Google+Groups+Shutdown&font=slab&csz=1
>Google Groups Shutdown
>22 days 08 hours ... minutes ... seconds
>Time until Thursday, February 22, 2024 (Mountain View time)
>NOTE: Message provided by user. Create your own countdown
>Need some help?
>Related Links
> Calendar Generator – Create a calendar for any year
> Calendar for 2024 – Calendar with holidays for this year
> Calendar for 2025
> Holidays Worldwide – Holidays and observances around the world
> Date Calculator – Add or subtract days, months, years
> Duration Between Two Dates – Calculates number of days
>Popular Countdowns
[end quote]

(using Tor Browser 13.0.9)
https://github.com/df7cb/sdate/issues/9
>Custom epoch with (day != 1) or even more generalised ones? #9
>Open drawkula opened this issue 12 hours ago * 0 comments
>drawkula commented 12 hours ago
>Trigger:
>Can we please get an additional epoch for GG's "Usenet suicide"?
>Alternative:
>Would Unix seconds as means to define a different epoch work?
>Everyone could have any epoch then?
>(-: At least until someone demands nanoseconds as resolution... ;-)
[end quote]

a cheerful lying in state ceremony could be held after the 22 february
deadline ... here lyeth google2news ... diis manibus ... rest in peace
__________________ __________________
/ \ / \
| | | |
| Deja-News D.M. | | Google2News D.M. |
| Diis Manibus | | Diis Manibus |
| 12 February 2001 | | 22 February 2024 |
| R.I.P. | | R.I.P. |
| | | |
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

a group seance by candlelight using a ouija board at midnight during a
full moon while holding hands might work... necromancy is big business

HenHanna

Feb 13, 2024, 2:33:58 AMFeb 13
10 more days? ---------- Or closer to 9 ?

HenHanna

Feb 20, 2024, 1:19:11 PMFeb 20
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20240222T00&p0=1241&msg=Google+Groups+Shutdown&font=slab&csz=1

1 day 14 hours ... minutes ... seconds before Google
Groups Shutdown (Usenet)