Re: GG doesn't carry the TB NG at groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.software.thunderbird

Jim

Feb 10, 2024, 2:34:08 AMFeb 10
On 2/9/2024 7:28 PM, HenHanna wrote:

> GG  https://groups.google.com
> doesn't seem to have  this NG (alt.comp.software.thunderbird)
>
>          WHY is that?
>
> if it did, it'd be at: groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.software.thunderbird

Google Groups stopped adding new Usenet newsgroups sometime in the 2010's.

The Usenet newsgroup alt.comp.software.thunderbird was only created in
2021, several years after Google Groups had stopped adding new Usenet
newsgroups.

HenHanna

Feb 10, 2024, 3:08:18 PMFeb 10
On 2/9/2024 11:34 PM, Jim wrote:
> On 2/9/2024 7:28 PM, HenHanna wrote:
>
>> GG  https://groups.google.com
>> doesn't seem to have  this NG (alt.comp.software.thunderbird)
>>
>>          WHY is that?
>>
>> if it did, it'd be at: groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.software.thunderbird
>

> See my reply in NG comp.internet.services.google, where this question is
> on-topic.
>
> Followups set to comp.internet.services.google .

ok... i'll there.

HenHanna

Feb 10, 2024, 3:15:26 PMFeb 10

On 2/9/2024 11:34 PM, Jim wrote:
THanks! it's odd that
alt.comp.software.thunderbird was only created in 2021

-------there must've been much interest in discussing it in the 00's!

Jim

Feb 11, 2024, 4:28:36 AMFeb 11
The newsgroup alt.comp.software.thunderbird was created to replace the
forum below which shut down on April 3, 2021:
https://groups.google.com/g/mozilla.support.thunderbird .

There was plenty of interest in discussing Thunderbird in the 00's.
The Thunderbird forum has moved more than once.

Andy Burns

Feb 12, 2024, 4:03:42 AMFeb 12
HenHanna wrote:

> it's  odd that
>              alt.comp.software.thunderbird was only created in  2021
> -------there must've been much interest in discussing it  in the 00's!

Before 2021 Mozilla ran their own newgroups
<https://ilias.ca/moznewsgroups-tb>

Then they announced they were shutting them down in favour of web
forums, at which point I decided to create the a.c.s groups for TB/FF/SM