UPDATED> teachers@work May newsletter and web site reviews

nethappeningsmoderator

May 18, 2004, 10:42:51 AM5/18/04
From: NetHappenings Moderator
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 09:39:40 -0500
To: comp.internet.net-happenings
Subject: UPDATED> teachers@work May newsletter and web site reviews

Integrate Literacy, Music, and Technology into the classroom.

From: "Mark Treadwell" <ma...@work.co.nz>
To: "'Teachers@work'" <ma...@work.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 16:37:39 +1200

kia ora (greetings)

This months newsletter focuses on the wireless issue and the teaching and
learning advantages/disadvantages of this technology. The technical issues and

standards will be addressed in next months newsletter. That is already written
so if anyone is desperate to get this information before next month they can
e-mail us and we will send it out to you. The newsletter can be found at
<http://www.teachers.work.co.nz/archive_Mayl_2004.htm>http://www.teachers.work.co.nz/archive_Mayl_2004.htm

and the web site reviews at
<http://www.teachers.work.co.nz/www_May_2004.htm>http://www.teachers.work.co.nz/www_May_2004.htm

Comments and requests for material are always appreciated.

You can find the archive of the newsletters and web sites at
<http://www.teachers.work.co.nz/archive.htm>http://www.teachers.work.co.nz/archive.htm

and the key articles have an * next to them and these are essential readings.
We will send you a reminder regards this each month.

We also have a research section at
<http://www.teachers.work.co.nz/research.htm>http://www.teachers.work.co.nz/research.htm

At this location you will find 4 research readings each month. The idea here is

that a staff member takes a research reading and presents a short synopsis back

to the rest of the staff at each staff meeting through the course of the month.

This allows ongoing Professional Development within the staff and keeps
educators up to date with leading edge education issues from a global
perspective.

Please note this is a free service and available to all educators (globally) at

no cost. After 5 months of this service being made available we have over 2000
subscribers which is great. Cheers

ka kite ano
Mark Treadwell

Knowledge Networks (intranet & extranet solutions)
<http://www.knowledge-networks.co.nz/>http://www.knowledge-networks.co.nz
<mailto:Teachers@work>Teachers@work (web site reviews and ICT advice)
<http://www.teachers-work.com/>http://www.teachers-work.com
i-Learnt (Mark Treadwell's online notes)
<http://www.i-learnt.com/>http://www.i-learnt.com

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com

Net Happenings, K12 Newsletters, Network Newsletters
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/index.html

FREE EDUCATION VENDOR DIRECTORY LISTING
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Directory/default.asp

HOT LIST OF SCHOOLS ONLINE