Quicktime 4.1 crash in NT

Peter Nelson

Jan 28, 2001, 4:58:52 PM1/28/01
I have a collection of quicktime movies and every so
often when I start one up in Quicktime 4.1 the window
where it's supposed to appear just goes blank (no border,
no image, nothing, just a transparent rectangle on the screen).
Once this happens it's permanent and does it with every
.MOV file until I reboot the PC; if I stop and restart Quicktime
there's no change - only rebooting fixes it.

It seems to be random - no particular movie is more likely
to trigger it than any other. I've reinstalled Quicktime with
no improvement. My system is NT4, SP 5.

Thanks in advance!!

---peter

Santos L. Halper

Jan 29, 2001, 12:14:20 PM1/29/01
In article <wC0d6.6159$KO3.2...@typhoon.ne.mediaone.net>, "Peter
Nelson" <plne...@mediaone.net> wrote:

Get a Mac.

bpb...@my-deja.com

Jan 29, 2001, 1:42:22 PM1/29/01
Shot in the dark: Win9x and NT4 have memory leak problems (less in NT,
but still present). DO NOT use OpenGL screen savers (i.e. 3d Pipes,
etc.). They're VERY resource intensive and, being a complex program
that opens and closes several times a day, can sap system RAM and have
negative effects on the video system.

In article <wC0d6.6159$KO3.2...@typhoon.ne.mediaone.net>,
"Peter Nelson" <plne...@mediaone.net> wrote:

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Rick Bean

Jan 29, 2001, 2:57:01 PM1/29/01
Peter,
I'm running QT 4.1.2, and had this "problem" until I upgraded to NT's SP 6a.
I spent many hours and wrote many messages on Apple's QuickTime forums, and
never got any useful reply's - but the upgrade seems to have fixed it.

Rick

"Peter Nelson" <plne...@mediaone.net> wrote in message