apache2 does not start when php5.6

Jivanmukta

Apr 18, 2023, 4:40:49 AM4/18/23
I have a problem with apache2 - it does not start when php5.6 is
selected (when php8.1 - is OK)

● apache2.service - The Apache HTTP Server
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/apache2.service; enabled;
vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2023-04-16 20:38:32
CEST; 5min ago
Docs: https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/
Process: 102809 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/apachectl start (code=exited,
status=139)

Reinstalling apache2 does not help. I use Ubuntu 20.

Marco Moock

Apr 18, 2023, 5:30:00 AM4/18/23
Am 18.04.2023 um 10:40:47 Uhr schrieb Jivanmukta:

> I have a problem with apache2 - it does not start when php5.6 is
> selected (when php8.1 - is OK)

The support of PHP 5.6 ended years ago, so use a current version.

The Doctor

Apr 18, 2023, 10:24:13 AM4/18/23
In article <u1ll2f$1cc63$1...@portraits.wsisiz.edu.pl>,
php 5.6 is more the most part dead!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
Evil masters pleasant words. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Jivanmukta

Apr 19, 2023, 5:49:38 AM4/19/23
W dniu 18.04.2023 o 10:40, Jivanmukta pisze:
Problem does not occur if I have only php5.6 installed (i.e. when I
delete other versions of php). But I need php5 and php8.

Marco Moock

Apr 19, 2023, 8:36:19 AM4/19/23
Am 19.04.2023 um 11:49:37 Uhr schrieb Jivanmukta:

> Problem does not occur if I have only php5.6 installed (i.e. when I
> delete other versions of php). But I need php5 and php8.

PHP5 is old-ass an insecure. Change your software so it works with
current PHP versions.

Eli the Bearded

Apr 19, 2023, 3:41:03 PM4/19/23
In comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix,
Jivanmukta <jivan...@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
> Problem does not occur if I have only php5.6 installed (i.e. when I
> delete other versions of php). But I need php5 and php8.

I don't believe Apache *ever* worked with two versions of php installed
as modules. The only way will work (in my understanding) is to have one
or both php versions installed in CGI mode instead of module.

The module works as a shared library, and probably has conflicting
symbols. CGI mode will make them separate processes, so names won't
conflict.

Elijah
------
or use multiple Apache daemons on separate ports plus a reverse proxy

John D Groenveld

Apr 20, 2023, 11:26:15 AM4/20/23
In article <eli$23041...@qaz.wtf>,
Eli the Bearded <*@eli.users.panix.com> wrote:
>or use multiple Apache daemons on separate ports plus a reverse proxy

Or use separate containers.

John
groe...@acm.org

Jivanmukta

Apr 24, 2023, 5:30:04 AM4/24/23
I installed newer version of Ubuntu (22.04) and it is OK.
Problem solved.