Re: Why I Use Generic Computers and Open Source Software

Ivan Shmakov

Nov 27, 2012, 2:42:32 AM11/27/12
>>>>> Tom Potter <tdp...@yahoo.com> writes:

[Cross-posting to news:comp.infosystems.www.servers.misc, while
dropping news:sci.physics from Followup-To:, for it hardly
belongs there.]

[...]

> I suggest that rational, intelligent people should use alternates to
> Google.

FWIW, I use http://duckduckgo.com/ most of the time. Still, its
index misses valuable pages from time to time.

> I find the Chinese search engine Baidu is faster, provides more
> honest search results, and does not bombard you with ads.

ISTR the rumors that Baidu ignores servers' robots.txt files
(which is considered an abuse), though I don't seem to find an
evidence for this in my recent logs. (The only spider I see to
crawl over my robots-protected data currently is Sogou's.)

[...]

--
FSF associate member #7257

Patanjali Mahabhasya

Nov 27, 2012, 3:53:37 AM11/27/12
Pottie Mouth Tom,do you still have profitable shares in the production
of Zyklon B (cyanide pesticide) for the extermination of European
minorities like Gypsies and the handicapped?