ALERT! Fatal bug of BLINK element of HTML

Old Man

Jun 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/12/96

Netscape Communications Corporation inadvertently included a
"blink" element into the Netscape enhancements of HTML
language.

Any text or graphics surrounded by the <BLINK>...</BLINK>
tags in the HTML source text of any Web page blinks on and
off continuingly. Netscape Communications Corporation may
have thought this "blink" feature is nice.

However, if people with heart disease see text blinking, a
disaster can happen to them. Blinking of text
psychologically affects their hearts and breaks the paces of
their heartbeats. The blinking of text may eventually cause
heart attack to those people. As the population of Netscape
users grows, old people and heart disease patients will also
start using Netscape.

In fact, the blinking of Netscape physically hurts my heart.

Continuous periodic blinking has a psychological effect over
a heart so that the heart will try to synchronize its
heartbeat with the blinking. The heart will unnaturally
accelerate and decelerate to try to synchronize its
heartbeat with the blinking. These unnatural acceleration
and deceleration burden the heart and may cause the
heartbeat to stop.

By the way, an insertion pointer of word processor blinks.
This blink of insertion pointer is different and has nothing
to do with the "blink" feature of Netscape. An insertion
pointer is so small that its blinking does not affect a
heart (or it barely affects).

I have been warning Netscape Communications Corporation
since last December. I asked them to modify Netscape
Navigator so that the blink could be optionally suppressed.
I sent many e-mails and faxes to them. However, they have
been ignoring my warnings.

It seems Netscape Communications Corporation does not care
if anyone dies. Or, are they intentionally trying to kill
me and other heart-disease patients?

Authors and writers of web pages using HTML language, please
refrain from using the "blink" tag until Netscape
Communications Corporation provides an interface so that the
blinking can be optionally suppressed from browser's side.

Best regards

Old Man

kom...@bronze.coil.com

J. Kivi Shapiro

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

In article <komisch-1206...@cmh09.coil.com>,
Old Man <kom...@bronze.coil.com> wrote:
>The blinking of Netscape physically hurts my heart.

May I recommend, as a health measure, using a different browser? There
are several very good ones available that do not produce blinking
text.

Note followups.

- Kivi, wondering whether <blink> couldn't also cause epileptic fits
--
ksha...@julian.uwo.ca or ki...@pobox.com (Kivi Shapiro)
HI! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into yours and join the fun!

M. David Matney

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

kom...@bronze.coil.com (Old Man) wrote:

>Best regards

>Old Man

>kom...@bronze.coil.com

This is not a Bug with Blink - A bug is a problem in the code. If you
have a problem with blinking text, might I suggest using a different
browser, that doesn't support blinking???

<Can't believe I'm Responding to this>

Visit my Web Site: http://www.interlink-2000.com/mdmatney
E-mail me: mdma...@interlink-2000.com
Check out my book: http://www.interlink-2000.com/mdmatney/book-I/book.html
Visit my Web Host Provider http://www.interlink-2000.com

Th. L. Nicolai

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

On Thu, 13 Jun 1996 03:15:49 GMT, sa...@interlink-2000.com (M. David
Matney) wrote:

>This is not a Bug with Blink - A bug is a problem in the code. If you
>have a problem with blinking text, might I suggest using a different
>browser, that doesn't support blinking???

Not necessarily: a change of netscape.ini's entry blinking=yes should
do (at least for the Win-version).

Th.

><Can't believe I'm Responding to this>
>
>Visit my Web Site: http://www.interlink-2000.com/mdmatney
>E-mail me: mdma...@interlink-2000.com
>Check out my book: http://www.interlink-2000.com/mdmatney/book-I/book.html
>Visit my Web Host Provider http://www.interlink-2000.com

t...@zedat.fu-berlin.de_____________________
..............http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/%7etln/
:
:
:

M. David Matney

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

>Th.

> t...@zedat.fu-berlin.de_____________________
>..............http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/%7etln/
>:
>:
>:
Read the previous posts - M. David Matney didn't suggest netscape.ini
fix!

Gary Klass

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

If we had the option of specifying the blink rate, we could actually use
the blinking text as a heart pacemaker, maybe saving many llives.

John Liebson

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

kom...@bronze.coil.com (Old Man) wrote:

>Netscape Communications Corporation inadvertently included a
>"blink" element into the Netscape enhancements of HTML
>language.

Some q6-bit releases of Netscape allowed you to turn off blink in
their options menu, as I recall; others have told you how to do this
in Netscape.Ini.

If you're running 32-bit under Win95:

Regedit
Control-F, blink

When you find the entry for blinking in Netscape, Modify, type in
"no".

Using any one of these methods, problem solved.

John Liebson

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

sa...@interlink-2000.com (M. David Matney) wrote:

>This is not a Bug with Blink - A bug is a problem in the code. If you
>have a problem with blinking text, might I suggest using a different
>browser, that doesn't support blinking???

Historical correction: Netscape has stated publicly that "blink" was
included in one release by accident; IF I remember correctly, they
also said it would be removed from later releases. They had put it in
as a sort of joke, forgot to take it out, apparently, when they
foisted the stupid ability to make text blink on WWW pages, yet
another way to distract viewers from actually reading the information
you are trying to present.

Previous diatribe supplied at no extra charge.....

So, it did start out as a bug, a "problem in the code."

David Dunham

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

In article <komisch-1206...@cmh09.coil.com>,
kom...@bronze.coil.com (Old Man) wrote:

> It seems Netscape Communications Corporation does not care
> if anyone dies. Or, are they intentionally trying to kill
> me and other heart-disease patients?

If it's seriously a risk to you, you are suicidal to continue using
Netscape Navigator. Luckily, there are any number of other browsers. For
example, Cyberdog recognizes the <blink> tag and displays it using
(non-blinking) outlined text. Nobody is forcing you to use Navigator
(despite Netscape's various clever attempts).

David Dunham Pensee Corporation dun...@pensee.com
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404 http://www.pensee.com/dunham/
"I say we should listen to the customers and give them what they want."
"What they want is better products for free." --Scott Adams

=^.^=

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

kom...@bronze.coil.com (Old Man) wrote:
<snipped some stuff>

>Any text or graphics surrounded by the <BLINK>...</BLINK>
>tags in the HTML source text of any Web page blinks on and
>off continuingly. Netscape Communications Corporation may
>have thought this "blink" feature is nice.
>However, if people with heart disease see text blinking, a
>disaster can happen to them.

Oh, of course! This explains all those auto accidents that occur at
street corners! People look too long at the blinker (turn signal) on
the car in front of them, they start to palpitate, then WHAM! they
drive right into a power pole.

Ciao.
Bev =^.^= bpa...@primenet.com
http://www.primenet.com/~bparks

jeff weiss

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

Dear Old Man,

You are ignorant of physiological psychology and, because you state your
contentions as fact, and may alarm people, I need to call you an idiot.

Blink rates at a periodicity of 17 Hz or so CAN trigger epileptic seizures
in people who have epilepsy. But you're not addressing epilepsy at all.

There is no scientific research linking very low blink rates with cardiac
rythms.

Your statement that this blinking could stop people's hearts is pure lunacy.
And--you're probably libelling Netscape, as well.

The world was a better place when people like you only screamed from
park benches about aliens nesting in your nasal passges. Now you're on the Web.
*sigh*

Jeff Weiss

kom...@bronze.coil.com (Old Man) writes:

[...]

Jeffrey Weiss UNIX administrator we...@ties.k12.mn.us 612 638-2311
TIES - Technology and Information Educational Services www.ties.k12.mn.us
HELP: 800-657-3519 612 638-8786 1925 W. County Rd. B2, Roseville, MN 55113

M. David Matney

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

jlie...@Roadrunner.com (John Liebson) wrote:

Something intentionally placed in program code, and forgetting to take
it out before putting it on the market is NOT A BUG! A bug is a flaw
in the code. There doesn't appear to be a flaw in the code, they at
one point intentionally left it in according to your statement.
Forgetting to take it out identifies a QA problem but not a bug!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
M. David Matney, Synon/2E Information Engineer

Hartmut Buhrmester

Jun 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/14/96

Old Man <kom...@bronze.coil.com> wrote:

> Netscape Communications Corporation inadvertently included a
> "blink" element into the Netscape enhancements of HTML
> language.

Many people just find it annoying, and a ResEdit fix has been posted
recently. I have copied that message and just repost it:

Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 19:36:28 -0500
From: mor...@magic.mb.ca (Wayne C. Morris)
Subject: How to Stop Netscape's BLINK

After encountering that much-despised BLINK tag on one web page too
many, I finally spent a little effort to permanently disable it in my
copy of Netscape. Here's how to do it, using ResEdit:

Save an original unmodified copy of Netscape somewhere, in case of
emergency.

Use ResEdit to edit a copy of Netscape.

Open the DATA resource, ID=3D0.

Search for the ascii strings "blink" and "BLINK", and change them to
something else that is unlikely to occur as an HTML tag; I changed
them to "blunk" and "BLUNK". (Different versions of Netscape may have
it in upper and/or lowercase, and may have one or more occurances.)

Save the changes and quit.

Now when you use the modified version of Netscape, it won't recognize
the <BLINK> tags and will simply ignore them.

I also found that I could disable Java the same way. (I haven't yet
tried getting the new version which supposedly has a "disable Java"
option.) However, I can't be entirely sure that my mods will
completely disable _all_ Java scripts -- maybe there are other
important Java-related tags or strings that I don't know about. In
any case, what I did was to change all occurances of the following
strings in the DATA ID=3D0 resource:
"JavaScript" to "LavaScript"
"SCRIPT" to "SCRYPT"
"onload" to "anload"

--
So this was the recently posted text.

Hartmut Buhrmester <buhr...@plexus.uke.uni-hamburg.de>

Tony Curtis

Jun 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/14/96

Old Man> However, if people with heart disease see text
Old Man> blinking, a disaster can happen to them. Blinking of
Old Man> text psychologically affects their hearts and breaks
Old Man> the paces of their heartbeats. The blinking of text
Old Man> may eventually cause heart attack to those people. As
Old Man> the population of Netscape users grows, old people and
Old Man> heart disease patients will also start using Netscape.

Old Man> kom...@bronze.coil.com

`komisch' is German for `funny' or `odd'. Methinks thou art
a troll.

tony
--
Tony Curtis, Systems Manager, European Centre for Parallel
Computing, Vienna

John Liebson

Jun 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/14/96

sa...@interlink-2000.com (M. David Matney) wrote:

>Something intentionally placed in program code, and forgetting to take
>it out before putting it on the market is NOT A BUG! A bug is a flaw
>in the code. There doesn't appear to be a flaw in the code, they at
>one point intentionally left it in according to your statement.
>Forgetting to take it out identifies a QA problem but not a bug!

Okay, so it is a bug known as a QA problem, or it is a QA problem
known as a bug, or it is something else altogether, whatever bugs you
the most or the least, unless you have a QA problem in getting rid of
bugs that were not intended to be left in the code due to QA
forgetting to remove the bug, or whatever.

That is, in a few words, to say, what possible difference does it
make? To everyone else, it is a bug, because it is not supposed to be
there. To you, it is a QA problem. The RESULT is precisely one and the
same, the quibble is meaningless.

This message will no doubt bug you horribly because my QA failed to
delete it from the Usenet group. Of course, your bitter retort bugs
me, because I did not say that they left it in intentionally, I said
quite the opposite, so that it is your QA that is buggy.

There, I'm sure I've managed to totally confuse you, ruin your entire
life, and everything else.

Me, I'm moving on to less important matters.

Joseph R. Jones

Jun 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/14/96

M. David Matney wrote:

> Something intentionally placed in program code, and forgetting to take
> it out before putting it on the market is NOT A BUG! A bug is a flaw
> in the code. There doesn't appear to be a flaw in the code, they at
> one point intentionally left it in according to your statement.

There are pleanty of bugs in the code, its just that this isn't one of
them. :-)

--- JRJ
j...@jrj.com

Wanker

Jun 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/14/96

I am reluctant to refute such elegant invective, but if you knew the
barest bit about psycho-physiology you'd know that blinking does
indeed cause heart-failure by the scores. I used to drive through a
nearby trailer-park, that was inhabited predominately by the elderly,
and blink my lights at the old codgers and just watch them drop. It
wasn't uncommon to drop 2 or 3 with one well timed flicker of the
dimmer switch. I'd then jump out and snatch their hearin aids and
eyeglasses, which I made a tidy profit on at a consignment medical
retailer.

If you're going to dress someone down, get your facts right first!
And as for aliens residing in one's nasal passage, I think if you
realized how painful that is, you'd be less likely to make light of
it.

Eddie Epileptic

p.s.
q. what do you do if an epileptic falls in the swimming pool?

a. throw in a load of laundry

On 13 Jun 1996 15:21:35 -0500, we...@voyager.informns.k12.mn.us (jeff
weiss) wrote:

>Dear Old Man,
>
>You are ignorant of physiological psychology and, because you state your
>contentions as fact, and may alarm people, I need to call you an idiot.
>
>Blink rates at a periodicity of 17 Hz or so CAN trigger epileptic seizures
>in people who have epilepsy. But you're not addressing epilepsy at all.
>
>There is no scientific research linking very low blink rates with cardiac
>rythms.
>
>Your statement that this blinking could stop people's hearts is pure lunacy.
>And--you're probably libelling Netscape, as well.
>
>The world was a better place when people like you only screamed from
>park benches about aliens nesting in your nasal passges. Now you're on the Web.
>*sigh*
>
>Jeff Weiss
>

>In article <komisch-1206...@cmh09.coil.com>
>kom...@bronze.coil.com (Old Man) writes:
>

> Netscape Communications Corporation inadvertently included a
> "blink" element into the Netscape enhancements of HTML
> language.
>

> Any text or graphics surrounded by the <BLINK>...</BLINK>
> tags in the HTML source text of any Web page blinks on and
> off continuingly. Netscape Communications Corporation may
> have thought this "blink" feature is nice.
>

> However, if people with heart disease see text blinking, a
> disaster can happen to them. Blinking of text
> psychologically affects their hearts and breaks the paces of
> their heartbeats. The blinking of text may eventually cause
> heart attack to those people. As the population of Netscape
> users grows, old people and heart disease patients will also
> start using Netscape.

Roger Wilkerson

Jun 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/14/96

AND THE SCROLLING JAVA SCRIPT IN THE STATUS LINE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN
WILL MAKE ONE IMPOTENT.

Paul Havemann

Jun 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/14/96

Old Man (kom...@bronze.coil.com) wrote:

: Any text or graphics surrounded by the <BLINK>...</BLINK>

: tags in the HTML source text of any Web page blinks on and
: off continuingly. Netscape Communications Corporation may
: have thought this "blink" feature is nice.

: However, if people with heart disease see text blinking, a
: disaster can happen to them. Blinking of text
: psychologically affects their hearts and breaks the paces of
: their heartbeats. The blinking of text may eventually cause
: heart attack to those people. As the population of Netscape
: users grows, old people and heart disease patients will also
: start using Netscape.

: In fact, the blinking of Netscape physically hurts my heart.

Well, I know it causes headaches in HTML purists... ;}

: Continuous periodic blinking has a psychological effect over

: a heart so that the heart will try to synchronize its
: heartbeat with the blinking. The heart will unnaturally
: accelerate and decelerate to try to synchronize its
: heartbeat with the blinking. These unnatural acceleration
: and deceleration burden the heart and may cause the
: heartbeat to stop.

Doesn't anyone find it odd that this guy claims that the Netscape
browser can do all this, while we've somehow never heard of deaths
attributed to blinking Christmas lights, theatre marquee signs, strobe
lights, TV/film special effects, traffic warning signals, and many
others? It's possible to induce a seizure in _epileptics_ with certain
flashing lights, but I've never heard of the effect he claims.

: By the way, an insertion pointer of word processor blinks.

: This blink of insertion pointer is different and has nothing
: to do with the "blink" feature of Netscape. An insertion
: pointer is so small that its blinking does not affect a
: heart (or it barely affects).

Danke sehr, Herr Komisch. Frankly, you should've had the patience to
save this until the first day of the second quarter of 1997.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Paul Havemann, VP (pa...@hsh.com)
HSH Associates, Financial Publishers
The Nation's Largest Publisher of Mortgage Information
(201)838-3330 | 1-800-UPDATES
HSH Associates Mortgage Update BBS: 201-838-8636
For DAILY National Average Mortgage Rates: http://www.hsh.com/

Bob Curtis

Jun 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/15/96

=^.^= (bpa...@primenet.com) wrote:
> kom...@bronze.coil.com (Old Man) wrote:

> <snipped some stuff>

> >Any text or graphics surrounded by the <BLINK>...</BLINK>
> >tags in the HTML source text of any Web page blinks on and
> >off continuingly. Netscape Communications Corporation may
> >have thought this "blink" feature is nice.
> >However, if people with heart disease see text blinking, a
> >disaster can happen to them.
>

> Oh, of course! This explains all those auto accidents that occur at
> street corners! People look too long at the blinker (turn signal) on
> the car in front of them, they start to palpitate, then WHAM! they
> drive right into a power pole.

ROFL! And all computers should come with the warning lable - "Don't stare
at the blinking cursor"! Now to, seeing the <blink> tags mis-used _might_
get my blood pressure up <g>, but then again, so do silly posts! :-)

--
Bob Curtis <b...@gate.net>

john salemi

Jun 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/15/96

kom...@bronze.coil.com (Old Man) wrote:

Am I the only one that notices that if you are using a blink tag in a
document, and you look at the source, if there is an error in the
source, particuraly missing " at the end of an href, that the source
is a different color blue at that point, and blinks!!!! or perhaps,
no one else makes mistakes......

sal...@bc.cybernex.net...http://www2.cybernex.net/salemij/

John

=^.^=

Jun 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/15/96

sal...@bc.cybernex.net (john salemi) wrote:

>Am I the only one that notices that if you are using a blink tag in a
>document, and you look at the source, if there is an error in the
>source, particuraly missing " at the end of an href, that the source
>is a different color blue at that point, and blinks!!!! or perhaps,
>no one else makes mistakes......

Yes! I noticed that, too! A coworker was setting up his web page. I
brought it up in my Netscape to look at it (he was standing behind me)
and he said, "Hey, there's supposed to be a graphic there! It works on
mine." (He's using Internet Explorer). Anyway, to attempt to make a
long story short, I viewed his source and, sure enough, there was a
line of HTML that was blinking! At first I said, What the hell?! But
then I realized that that's where his error was (his error according
to Netscape, anyway.)

Anyway, you're not crazy. I saw it, too!

So Netscape has a built-in debugger ?!

Bob Trieger

Jun 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/16/96
to mar...@cybercom.net

Roger Wilkerson wrote:

> AND THE SCROLLING JAVA SCRIPT IN THE STATUS LINE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN
> WILL MAKE ONE IMPOTENT.

Italic fonts have been known to cause back and neck problems from people
tilting their heads to read it.

--
Bob Trieger
mar...@cybercom.net

Message has been deleted

Chameleon

Jun 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/16/96

Bob Trieger wrote:

> Roger Wilkerson wrote:
> >
> > AND THE SCROLLING JAVA SCRIPT IN THE STATUS LINE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN
> > WILL MAKE ONE IMPOTENT.
> Italic fonts have been known to cause back and neck problems from people
> tilting their heads to read it.

Yeah, I heard about that. It's not limited to Netscape, though. Oh, no. It's MUCH worse! If you spend too mckh
time near a computer, you can become deafened from the hum of the cooling fan. People have also been known to
heart attacks from surprise when the disks on a Mac magically pop out at them...
--
-= Chris Dunham =- Chameleon Graphics -= Chameleon =-
-= E-mail: mailto:cham...@ebtech.net PowWow: powwow://cham...@ebtech.net =-

John Gillett

Jun 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/16/96

In article <31C462...@netscape.com>, Jamie Zawinski <j...@netscape.com>
wrote:

>If any of our friends in the military/industrial
>complex can come up with an actual reference to this standard, I'm sure
>all of us here at Mozilla HQ would be highly amused.

Instead of just being amused, why not just dump the damn thing. It's
nothing but annoying.

John

--
John Gillett gil...@tiggr.com
Tiger Consulting http://www.primenet.com/~gillett/

Mike Batchelor

Jun 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/17/96

The fatal flaw with <BLINK> is that it is stupid, ugly, obnoxious, unwanted,
and unnecessary.

Kind of like smoking. And that's the only relationship <BLINK> has to
causes of heart attacks.
--
+ + + %%%%% Mike Batchelor % mik...@Capitol.Net %%%%% A Division
Capitol.Net %%%%%%%%%%% 301-306-9090 % V.34/ISDN %%%%%%%%%%% of

Claudio Estrugo

Jun 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/18/96

>Old Man> However, if people with heart disease see text
>Old Man> blinking, a disaster can happen to them. Blinking of
>Old Man> text psychologically affects their hearts and breaks
>Old Man> the paces of their heartbeats. The blinking of text
>Old Man> may eventually cause heart attack to those people. As
>Old Man> the population of Netscape users grows, old people and
>Old Man> heart disease patients will also start using Netscape.

>Old Man> kom...@bronze.coil.com

Please stop that damned blinking cursor in front of mine!

(... back to reality now ...)

Micro-BIOS

Jwo Lee

Jun 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/19/96

Old Man wrote:

In that case, stop using the Internet... Oh, I forgot, seeing words
gives me headaches, please stop posting messages. Maybe we should sue
Netscape for making their browsers support text.

> Netscape Communications Corporation inadvertently included a
> "blink" element into the Netscape enhancements of HTML
> language.
>
> Any text or graphics surrounded by the <BLINK>...</BLINK>
> tags in the HTML source text of any Web page blinks on and
> off continuingly. Netscape Communications Corporation may
> have thought this "blink" feature is nice.
>

> However, if people with heart disease see text blinking, a
> disaster can happen to them. Blinking of text
> psychologically affects their hearts and breaks the paces of
> their heartbeats. The blinking of text may eventually cause
> heart attack to those people. As the population of Netscape
> users grows, old people and heart disease patients will also
> start using Netscape.

Matthew A LEWIS

Jun 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/20/96

Netscape stock dropped 2 1/2 dollars today.....wall street must have
heard about all those deaths......

lawn dart fanatic
mlewis

--
Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Scott Buckner

Jun 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/27/96
In article <4qsjdc$8...@cobra.Minn.Net> sa...@interlink-2000.com (M. David Matney) writes:
>From: sa...@interlink-2000.com (M. David Matney)
>Subject: Re: ALERT! Fatal bug of BLINK element of HTML
>Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 00:02:48 GMT

>jlie...@Roadrunner.com (John Liebson) wrote:

>>sa...@interlink-2000.com (M. David Matney) wrote:

>>>Something intentionally placed in program code, and forgetting to take
>>>it out before putting it on the market is NOT A BUG! A bug is a flaw
>>>in the code. There doesn't appear to be a flaw in the code, they at
>>>one point intentionally left it in according to your statement.

>>>Forgetting to take it out identifies a QA problem but not a bug!

(snipped)

>Actually, you didn't confuse me, nor did you ruin my day. I feel
it's>just as trivial. It was trivial for you to reply to identify it was a
>bug in the first place :-)

Is this thread *still* alive after all these weeks? I'm surprised it just
never occured to anybody to just tell the yo-ho who made the original post to
just have a blinking-text induced heart attack and get it over with, or better
yet, visit the alt.montana.paranoids group and give *them* something else to
think about.

Sheesh ...

mdo...@rushmore.com

Jun 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/28/96

> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> M. David Matney, Synon/2E Information Engineer
> --
> Visit my Web Site: http://www.interlink-2000.com/mdmatney
> E-mail me: mdma...@interlink-2000.com
> Check out my book: http://www.interlink-2000.com/mdmatney/book-I/book.html
> Visit my Web Host Provider http://www.interlink-2000.com

Why require a password to view your resume?

M. David Matney

Jun 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/30/96
mdo...@rushmore.com wrote:

Actually, it was setup as a test, please feel free to view it now. I
have deleted the .htpasswd so you should be able to go it - Sorry

rolf.d...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2013, 8:20:40 PM11/27/13
Well, hello,

It seems that blink has run it's course:

(WARNING: blinking stuff on the linked page!)

http://www.jwz.org/blog/2013/08/a-light-has-gone-out-on-the-web/

It it seemingly being removed from the browsers that still support it.

Took some time, but here you go :D

Never give up hope!