Q: Affordable (or Free) Web Hosting Service

Latisha W

Apr 29, 2002, 7:26:41 PM4/29/02
I am looking for a either an affordable or preferably
a free Web hosting service. I have found Hypermart but
was wondering if there are any others out there. Any
recommendations? Thanks for helping.

Latisha

http://health.yahoo.com

David Dorward

Apr 29, 2002, 7:36:58 PM4/29/02
Latisha W might have typed:

http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Where_can_I_find_a_server_to_host_my_website

--
David Dorward http://david.us-lot.org/
egrep /(bb|[^b]{2})/

Graham W. Boyes - HawHawJokes.com

Apr 29, 2002, 11:02:51 PM4/29/02
Thus quoth Latisha W:

> I am looking for a either an affordable or preferably
> a free Web hosting service. I have found Hypermart but
> was wondering if there are any others out there. Any
> recommendations? Thanks for helping.

AffordableHost.com lives up to its name :) And the service is fantastic!

And if you sign up using
http://www.affordablehost.com/affiliates.php?ID=162
then I get commission! <winks!>

I currently use them for three websites that I write for. Nothing but good
things to say.

Graham W. Boyes
--
Receive clean jokes in your inbox daily! Just send an e-mail to: subscribe AT
hawhawjokes DOT com

Beth Winter

Apr 30, 2002, 2:58:19 AM4/30/02
Latisha W wrote:

> I am looking for a either an affordable or preferably
> a free Web hosting service. I have found Hypermart but
> was wondering if there are any others out there. Any
> recommendations? Thanks for helping.

I second the recommendation for affordablehost.com. When I set up my
domain, there were several problems at my bank (namely, it looks like
the banking system over here isn't used to newfangled things like online
transactions), and the way they handled the resulting mess impressed me
to no end. Also, the service is speedy and I've detected maybe 5
*seconds* of downtime inside the last month.

--
Beth Winter

Hywel Jenkins

Apr 30, 2002, 4:44:48 AM4/30/02
Beth Winter <ren...@astercity.net> wrote in message news:<3CCE408B...@astercity.net>...

Would it be fair to say that those 5 seconds are more than likely
related to your connection/route rather than the server?

--
Hywel

Richard Ridge

Apr 30, 2002, 1:02:06 PM4/30/02
general-hosting.net offers $7.95/month windows web hosting plans with 50 MB
(FrontPage2000-2002, 24hours-FTP, ASP, cgi, emails, ms access, WAP-wml, php,
mySQL, multiple domains ...); their service is very fast and reliable.

good luck!

Beth Winter

Apr 30, 2002, 1:52:50 PM4/30/02

Nope, I was talking to a friend on AIM and she alerted me of the problem
- while being on another continent. A few moments later it was up again
without any further problems.

--
Beth Winter, PSP terrorist - New Millenium Division
The Discworld Compendium <http://www.extenuation.net/disc/>

Harry

Apr 30, 2002, 2:55:28 PM4/30/02
affordablehost.com starts at $20 a year for both domain registration and
hosting. Can't be beat. I have three accounts with them.
Harry

ICUK Computing Services (http://www.icuknet.co.uk)

May 1, 2002, 1:40:00 PM5/1/02
In article <2002042923264...@web14404.mail.yahoo.com>,
latis...@yahoo.com (Latisha W) wrote:

> I am looking for a either an affordable or preferably
> a free Web hosting service. I have found Hypermart but
> was wondering if there are any others out there. Any
> recommendations? Thanks for helping.

We start from £25.00 Per Year for hosting and includes a domain name as
well.

Richard
http://www.icukhosting.co.uk

Future Assassin

May 3, 2002, 3:30:51 PM5/3/02
Well if you dont care to get tech support replies too fast check out
www.gotoecom.com

They have a free webhosting account. I'v used them for two test domains for
the last couple of years and they are pretty good.

Its free so dont expect too much.

steve

May 3, 2002, 3:51:12 PM5/3/02
> I am looking for a either an affordable or preferably
> a free Web hosting service. I have found Hypermart but
> was wondering if there are any others out there. Any
> recommendations? Thanks for helping.

Try this one http://www.affordablehost.com but I have to warn you it is a
woman own the company :-)

dan

May 7, 2002, 12:54:25 PM5/7/02
"steve" <stoian...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3cd2e...@news1.mweb.co.za>...
http://www.rackvillage.com, they have 99/ for life hosting.

peter

May 15, 2002, 2:05:07 PM5/15/02
check www.xtrmedia.com
50MB/1GB ... 5.99 USD/month
500MB/3GB ... 9.95 USD/month
1GB/5GB ... 15.95 USD/month

for details go here-->
http://www.xtrmedia.com/hosting/matrix.html

take care

peter

Hywel Jenkins

May 15, 2002, 3:26:39 PM5/15/02
In article <55b67369.02051...@posting.google.com>,
sub...@xtrmedia.com says...
Bit expensive, IMO. But then I am one of Tina's servants.

--
Hywel Never knowingly understood
WSWIP http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/