Re: [ANN] HTTP1/MessageStream.pm 0.4: HTTP/1.{1,0} message parser

1 view

Ivan Shmakov

Sep 26, 2018, 2:07:44 PM9/26/18

> [Cross-posting to news:comp.infosystems.www.misc as the module
> was recently discussed there, but omitting it from Followup-To:.

Somehow, I've managed to do it exactly the other way around.
Apologies for the noise.

> On the other hand, news:comp.misc seems too general for this library,
> although I intend to announce No-HTTPS there once available.]

[Unquoting the rest of the original message below.]

As part of the forthcoming No-HTTPS plain-HTTP to HTTPS transparent
proxy release, I've posted the HTTP1::MessageStream Perl module
to the news:alt.sources newsgroup [1] (also in References:.)

[1] news:878t3ou...@siamics.net

An excerpt from the README follows.

The HTTP1::MessageStream module intends to implement a generic
push-mode lazy HTTP/1.1 (RFC 7230) and HTTP/1.0 message parser.

The parser is "lazy." That is, new data will be read from the
internal buffer only as necessary to perform the respective
state variable (such as: start line, header, and body) query.

The interface is designed to allow the caller to retrieve HTTP/1
message parts (start line, header and body) identical (octet-wise)
to those being supplied to it; the only situation where this
ability is not currently provided is when the chunked coding is
unwrapped to obtain the payload. This may get addressed in a
future release.

The HTTP1/MessageStream.pm module proper is available under
the terms GNU General Public License as published by the Free
Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at
your option) any later version; see http://gnu.org/licenses/.

The accompanying README (including a practical example) and the
regression test suite are under CC0 Public Domain Dedication 1.0;
see http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/.

--
FSF associate member #7257 http://am-1.org/~ivan/