Newspages as signal-fires

Jorn Barger

Feb 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/27/98

.
Back before electricity, people used to send messages from hilltop to
hilltop, over long distances, by building signal-fires...

This new network of web-surfers who maintain newspages (mostly using
Frontier scripting language, as far as I can tell) are the web
reincarnation of this-- scanning each others' pages to pick up hot tips
(http's!) that we can then pass quickly along...

"Tell me, Eutrapelus, which is the weaker person:
he that yields to another, or he that is yielded to?" --Erasmus

Matt Shacklady

Mar 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/2/98

: Back before electricity, people used to send messages from hilltop to

: hilltop, over long distances, by building signal-fires...

: This new network of web-surfers who maintain newspages (mostly using
: Frontier scripting language, as far as I can tell) are the web
: reincarnation of this-- scanning each others' pages to pick up hot tips
: (http's!) that we can then pass quickly along...

Mr. Bush's trail blazers?

--

Matt