ie browser hijacked spyware/adware problem

Vasantkumar Naidu

May 8, 2004, 7:50:40 AM5/8/04

I seems to have a spyware/adware somewhere in my system, which I am
not able to remove. This seems to be a browser hijack of some sort. I
have run a couple of adware/spyware programs but to no avail. The
problem I am facing is as below:

I try to set a default home page in my browser options (Internet
Explorer), say www.google.com... when I start the browser it defaults
to some search engine site (searchx.cc) but the interesting point to
be noted is that no URL appears in the address bar. And after the page
appears 2 or 3 pop-ups with the message spyware detected in your
computer is displayed.

I am now sort of helpless in solving this problem and would appreciate
any insight for me to solve this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vasant