How to define path/fileName string when saving file from IE?

Martin Mrazek

May 20, 2004, 5:01:59 AM5/20/04

I have long HTML form with possibility to save filled values on
clients HD (if he or she doesn't want to fill and post at once). I
develop it only for IE, I used fileSystemObject for saving/loading the
file. So far the path and name of the saved file was fixed (in JS
like)

var pathName="c:/incompletedFilling.xml";

Now I need to generate the pathName string with use of something like
a SaveAs dialog box (and the Open dialog when loading values into HTML
form). Simply, after clicking on "Save" button, I want the SaveAs
dialog box appear and user choose where to save the file.

Can anybody tell how to do this cursed simple thing?

Remark: The document.exeCommand("SaveAs" probably doesn't help,
because I don't need to save the page itself! I just want to define
the path/fileName string!

thanks
Martin