Any recent SlipKnot-like tool/product (browse over telnet or telnet/FTP)?

1 view

DaBooch

Dec 18, 2003, 11:59:40 AM12/18/03
Hi, back in the day I used to use Slipknot, which would allow web
browsing over a modem-based dialup connect (it ran lynx on the Unix
shell account you dialed into, and retrieved the pages down to your PC
via the shell terminal stream, then rendered locally).

I'm wondering, is there any similar product around nowadays?
Specifically, is there a product that would such "dogleg" style web
page browsing over a telnet/FTP combo, telnet to run lynx or wget or
whatever, FTP to retrieve pages (or I suppose streaming them back
through the telnet session would be acceptable as well)? Any with SSH
support?

Tia. (ironic -- TIA, along with SLIRP, was a similar product back in
the day :-)

DaBooch