IE no longer display any page

YesBalala

Jan 14, 2004, 10:51:48 PM1/14/04
Just some update on what I've done ...I have checked and confirmed no
spyware is there using all possible tools. I've also tried to fix
winsock, and tried to reinstall tcp/ip completely, by removing it as
well as remove the associated registry key then reinstall it back.
None of the above fix the problem.

I've found that I can use Netscape and Windows Explorer to browse the
internet. ICQ, Messenger, Free Agent, and all other internet tools
works. Only IE is having problem. I've tried to install other free web
browser such as mozilla and OffbyOne, both will report connection
failed.

I am really running out of idea this. Any help?

Bosco.

--
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 16:16:37 GMT, YesBalala <ro...@10.0.0.1> wrote:

>Suddenly, my IE stopped working, whenever I start it up, it can't get
>get the my homepage, which is http://localhost/ . The error message is
>like it's not getting any internet connection. However, I am online
>and I can access the same page using Netscape.
>
>My system is Win2000 professional. I have Zone Alarm installed, but
>have all access right set for IE (and never had problem). And I have
>McAfee which do internet scan (I've now disabled it). I have also
>check and confirm that there is no spyware installed (using spybot).
>
>Anyone got an idea on what happen here? and how can I fix it?
>
>Bosco.

Jon Kennedy

Jan 14, 2004, 11:03:56 PM1/14/04
Troubleshooting Browsing Error Messages in Microsoft Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/ie/ie5/topics/browse/iebrowseemts.asp

Or...

Error Message: The Page Cannot Be Displayed
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q241344

More information here: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#dns

--

Jon R. Kennedy
Charlotte, NC, USA

"YesBalala" <ro...@10.0.0.1> wrote in message

YesBalala

Jan 20, 2004, 10:02:09 AM1/20/04
I have tried all the options available in your linkage and nothing
seems help. The only thing I can said is winsock.* looks to be normal,
and none of the tools I use found any problem with registry and
adware. Resintall of tcp/ip doesn't help. Install Mozilla and other
free browser still cannot connect to the internet. ONLT netscape 7.1
works!

While I tried to track down problem by comparing the files in this
server with my other W2K server, I've noted the date is different on
wsock32.dll and winsock.dll. The only different is that this server
got SP4 while my working one got SP3 installed. Can someone help to
check and let me know the date of winsock.* files for SP4? Is it June
2003. I am starting to wonder if SP4 is the cause of the problem?

Bosco.

--

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 23:03:56 -0500, "Jon Kennedy"
<jken...@carolina.rr.com> wrote:

>Troubleshooting Browsing Error Messages in Microsoft Internet Explorer
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/ie/ie5/topics/browse/iebrowseemts.asp
>
>Or...
>
>Error Message: The Page Cannot Be Displayed
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q241344
>
>More information here: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#dns

Bosco

--
Due to heavy spamming, I was forced to use an invalid reply address.
Do NOT reply to this posting via email directly.