Trouble with adware

kk

Jul 29, 2004, 9:18:52 PM7/29/04
I posted this message sometime back in another group
(browsers-ms-windows), I was hoping someone here would know a way out
of this problem
Hi,
I installed Kazaa lite a couple of weeks ago and it came with all
sorts of spyware. I have uninstalled it since, along with any spyware
I cld find.
I had IE on my XP at the time, and it started to pop-up a login window
to show ads on any webpage (pages like msn, yahoo, etc). Its a plain
login window with "prompt" for title and it just shows the URL of the
AD and asks for login and password. If I cancel the pop-up the AD is
not shown on the webpage. The page itself is displayed.
I went through the files on my harddisk and also checked the windows
registry for any suspicious files. I installed spybot and Zonealarm
but it still keeps asking for login.
I switched to different browsers (Opera, Firefox), which also show the
same problem.
It pops-up a login window for every ad on a page this means more than
half a dozen pop-ups per page.
Its really frustrating.
Please help.
kk