Importing email from Apple Mail into Mozilla

1 view

Gary Strand

Feb 2, 2004, 4:44:13 PM2/2/04

Is there an easy way to get Mozilla to import my email from the native MacOSX
Mail client? Mozilla 1.6 doesn't recognize Apple Mail as a possible client
from which to import mail.

Thanks.

--
/\ Gary Strand (303) 497-1336 NCAR ML220
\_][ www.cgd.ucar.edu/ccr/strandwg 1850 Table Mesa Dr

BreadW...@fractious.net

Feb 2, 2004, 5:58:23 PM2/2/04
Gary Strand <stra...@ucar.edu> writes:

> Is there an easy way to get Mozilla to import my email from the native MacOSX
> Mail client? Mozilla 1.6 doesn't recognize Apple Mail as a possible client
> from which to import mail.

Get an IMAP mail account somewhere. Mac.com will do, but
it's outrageously expensive for just that. Try runbox.com
or fastmail.fm or any of many others.

See http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/imap/isps/

Anyway, once you have an IMAP account, point Mail.app at
it. Move all of your mail onto there. Leave your mail
there.

Then point any mail programs you want at it any time
you want and all of your mail is right there. None
of the idiotic "import/export" nonsense.

Of course, if you have too much to keep in your account
at once (ie. huge archive), well, use the IMAP account
as a waystation between mail clients.

No HTML in E-Mail! -- http://www.expita.com/nomime.html

Andy Hewitt

Feb 3, 2004, 6:27:15 AM2/3/04
<BreadW...@fractious.net> wrote:

<Snipped Text>

> Get an IMAP mail account somewhere. Mac.com will do, but
> it's outrageously expensive for just that. Try runbox.com
> or fastmail.fm or any of many others.

Or, even easier, get a copy of Mail Scripts from Andreas Amann (recently
updated on www.macupdate.com), where you can export them as plain mbox
files in one hit. You will need to use BBEdit to convert the line
endings to Mac, and then just drop the whole lot into the Mozilla users
Mail folder, and rerun Mozilla.

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5 - BMW K100RS 8v)
Honda Concerto 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G3)