Mozilla Browser: How can I tell which font files are being used?

Mark Hobley

Jul 20, 2010, 7:13:16 PM7/20/10
I am using Debian iceape on a Linux based system. If I map, a directory
containing true type fonts into the font path, the fonts in my browser
become corrupted. I guess that one of the font files is conflicting with the
existing fonts. There are over 2000 fonts in the mapped in directory, so
tracking this down by elimination is not easy.

Is there a way that I can get the browser to tell me which font files are
being used to display a page.

Menu, View, Page Properties tells me a lot of things, but not which fonts
files are being used. Is there a way to get this information?

Mark.

--
Mark Hobley
Linux User: #370818 http://markhobley.yi.org/

Mark Hobley

Jul 23, 2010, 5:02:55 AM7/23/10
On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 23:13:16 +0000, Mark Hobley wrote:

> I am using Debian iceape on a Linux based system. If I map, a directory
> containing true type fonts into the font path, the fonts in my browser
> become corrupted. I guess that one of the font files is conflicting with
> the existing fonts. There are over 2000 fonts in the mapped in
> directory, so tracking this down by elimination is not easy.
>
> Is there a way that I can get the browser to tell me which font files
> are being used to display a page.
>
> Menu, View, Page Properties tells me a lot of things, but not which
> fonts files are being used. Is there a way to get this information?

I suggest that an additional tab is added to the browser as follows:

Menu, View, Page Info, Fonts

Is anyone able to develop a patch or plugin for this?
This enhancement is filed as #581095 on Mozilla bugzilla.

For some reason, the seamonkey team developers decided not to fix this #131080)

I definitely need a fix here. (If they will not fix - fork it).