Re: Brower utility

Message has been deleted

John Halloran

Feb 20, 2009, 5:22:20 PM2/20/09
CharlesBennett <sur...@misc.com> wrote:

> sur...@misc.com (CharlesBennett) wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a browser tool/plugin which would enable a multi-part
> > download? IE: avi.001 thru avi.055. Or rar etc. I'm using Unison
> > Newsreader which I'm not happy with. It goes in and out, requiring a lot
> > of work. I have little use for the other features of newsreaders.
> >
> > My news server ( news.newsreader.com) allows web access to news groups
> > via almost any browser; as well as nntp with a newsreader.
> >
> > Mac OX 10.5.6 Intel 2.16 ghz cpu.
> >
> > Safari ver 3.2.1 Camino ver 1.6.6 Firefox ver 3.0.6
>
> Sorry, I should have been a little clearer. A tool/plugin which would
>
> add the 'queue' feature to a browser.

The DownThemAll extension for Firefox is worth looking at . It queues
downloads, and has other features that might work well for you.

Sander Tekelenburg

Feb 21, 2009, 12:35:02 AM2/21/09
In article <20090220142428.047$8...@newsreader.com>,
sur...@misc.com (CharlesBennett) wrote:

[...]

> Sorry, I should have been a little clearer. A tool/plugin which would
>
> add the 'queue' feature to a browser.

iCab lets you queue downloads.

<http://icab.de/>

--
Sander Tekelenburg, <http://www.euronet.nl/~tekelenb/>

Mac user: "Macs only have 40 viruses, tops!"
PC user: "SEE! Not even the virus writers support Macs!"

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Mike Rosenberg

Feb 22, 2009, 3:12:52 PM2/22/09
CharlesBennett <sur...@misc.com> wrote:

> > <http://icab.de/>
>
> Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Frankly I am somewhat put off by
> the price.
>
> Thanks again......

"iCab is shareware and costs for $25 / 20 EUR, but it can be also used
for free with a small limitation."

And what, you may ask, is that small limitation?

http://icab.de/register.html

"At the moment, the only restriction of the free version is a "shareware
reminder" box that pops up from time to time. Also users who have payed
for a license are able to get newer (beta) releases of iCab much earlier
than other users."

--
<http://designsbymike.net/shop/mac.cgi> Mac and geek T-shirts & gifts
<http://designsbymike.net/shop/prius.cgi> Prius shirts/bumper stickers