Special Netscape URLs for cache diagnostics?

Dominik Hoffmann

Jun 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/12/96

A while back somebody published a suite of little-known Netscape
commands of the type "about:plugins". They can be entered in the
location field to show some nifty things about what's in the cache. I
have lost the bookmarks file that contained them.

Does anyone remember?

Dominik Hoffmann

Youri N. Podchosov

Jun 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/14/96

In article <4pn9ti$1o...@news.doit.wisc.edu>,

I know these about's:
cache image-cache memory-cache global plugins document mozilla license
hype ( this one requires audio :)

| Youri N. Podchosov (ynp) * Davidsohn & Son, Inc. NYC * 718-234-4140 |
| Net: y...@ynp.dialup.access.net * CIS: 72723,2202 * AOL: ynp, yourip |

Pirate Pete

Jun 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/14/96

In article <4pqn69$b...@news1.panix.com>, y...@ynp.dialup.access.net (Youri N.

I have few more on http://www.blackstump.ah.net/netscape.htm

Cheers
Peter

Dominik Hoffmann

Jun 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/14/96

hoff...@macc.wisc.edu (Dominik Hoffmann) writes:

> A while back somebody published a suite of little-known Netscape
> commands of the type "about:plugins". They can be entered in the
> location field to show some nifty things about what's in the cache. I
> have lost the bookmarks file that contained them.
>
> Does anyone remember?

Here's a list compiled from the replies I received:

about:cache
about:image-cache
about:memory-cache
about:document
about:global may take a very long time to display!
about:plugins
about:security doesn't work in Netscape 2.02 for the Mac
about:java says "Homey don't play dat!" in doc window
about:copyright says "Homey don't play dat!" in doc window
about:license
about:mozilla
about:hype
about:authors