Chrome Browser Problem?

Dale

Aug 11, 2022, 7:49:55 AM8/11/22
On pages on my Website, including the front page ...

https://www.dalekelly.org/

If I click a link on a page.

Then when I click on the return arrow on Chrome Browser menu to return
to the page, I lose the side scroll thing.

Doesn't do this with Edge Browser. Or Internet Explorer.

Amazon Silk Browser on my Smart TV doesn't have the side scroll thing to
start with.

--
Mystery? -> https://www.dalekelly.org/

JJ

Aug 11, 2022, 8:57:33 AM8/11/22
On Thu, 11 Aug 2022 07:49:54 -0400, Dale wrote:
> On pages on my Website, including the front page ...
>
> https://www.dalekelly.org/
>
> If I click a link on a page.
>
> Then when I click on the return arrow on Chrome Browser menu to return
> to the page, I lose the side scroll thing.
>
> Doesn't do this with Edge Browser. Or Internet Explorer.
>
> Amazon Silk Browser on my Smart TV doesn't have the side scroll thing to
> start with.

I agree that it's a browser specific problem.

I suspect a third party browser extension, or one of browser's internal
extensions (which isn't shown in the extension list and can not be
disabled/uninstalled) is messing with web sites' content.

FYI, Chromium, Opera, and Firefox do not have that problem.

Dale

Aug 11, 2022, 11:22:54 AM8/11/22
Thank YOU !!!!

Are Chrome and Chromium the same?

Arno Welzel

Aug 11, 2022, 11:25:34 AM8/11/22
Dale, 2022-08-11 13:49:

> On pages on my Website, including the front page ...
>
> https://www.dalekelly.org/
>
> If I click a link on a page.
>
> Then when I click on the return arrow on Chrome Browser menu to return
> to the page, I lose the side scroll thing.
>
> Doesn't do this with Edge Browser. Or Internet Explorer.

It does also not happen with Vivaldi. Seems a quite weird bug in Chrome.
I can reproduce this here as well.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de

Dale

Aug 11, 2022, 2:11:33 PM8/11/22
Thank YOU !!!!

Maybe Chrome people browse this group.

JJ

Aug 12, 2022, 10:30:07 AM8/12/22
On Thu, 11 Aug 2022 11:22:55 -0400, Dale wrote:

> Are Chrome and Chromium the same?

It's roughly 97% identical.

The differences are in the branding, skin/theme, and internal extensions.
Same things apply to all Chromium based browsers such as Edge, Opera,
Vivaldi, etc.

While Edge does use its own Chakra for the JavaScript engine instead of V8,
both are the same in term of functionality.