Animate element in grid

1 view

Andrew Poulos

Feb 8, 2021, 7:47:07 PM2/8/21
I have a fixed-sized div at the bottom-left of a grid's "large" cell
(using place-self: end start; margin: 0 0 1% 1%;). The div needs to
animate to the top-left of the cell.

How can I get this to smoothly move into position over several seconds?
I'd like to be able to solve this without using JavaScript.

Andrew Poulos

Andrew Poulos

Feb 9, 2021, 5:17:17 PM2/9/21
As an attempt at a fix I've dropped using margin to position the div
(because I'd forgotten the margin-top and bottom is worked put from the
width of the parent and not the height). And then then I'm trying
setting the div's position: relative and then using inset. [At this
early stage it seems positive.]

Andrew Poulos