Responsive radius as semicircle

Andrew Poulos

Aug 4, 2021, 9:12:46 PM8/4/21
I have a div whose top needs to have a semicircular shape. The initial
width of the div was 48px.

To get a semicircle I set
border-radius: 24px 24px 0 0;

But the size of the div is meant to be responsive so I set the width to
a percentage.

Having a percentage size for the div means that when the width of the
div increases the top of it changes from a "regular" semicircle to a
"flattened" one.

When I tried using % for border radius it displays an elliptical semicircle.

How can I get border radius to always display a "regular" semicircle
irrespective of the size of the div?

Andrew Poulos

Jonathan N. Little

Aug 5, 2021, 10:15:11 AM8/5/21
When you your viewport be smaller than 48px? Oh well for demonstration
purposes:

CSS:
.container {
/* only to show responsive design */